Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
[CLOSED PR] Adds A Wraith Fighting Kit
Basicly Chaplains counter:
-Vampires
-Wizards
And are suppose to do something to wraiths but can't.

Sure they have a gun... but it's worst then deringer...
(04-24-2022, 01:30 PM)Nihisohel Wrote: i mean it is kind of inevitable that the chaplain would be a valid hunter job, its just that its set back most of the time by newer players or docile players

a bit at odds with making it an armory access item though, you could probably just not allow the goggles to have thermal vision, its a weird thing for it to have anyway

The problem with removing the thermal feature is that I would need to rewrite the entirety of vision code. Currently, vision is based on tiers, so higher tiers can see lower tiers, with a few exceptions.

It's another reason why I don't want chaplain having the goggles. Giving a job thermals would make the chaplain so much more valid-hunty.

Also, in regards to ectoplasm not being easily available, one idea was to make it so wraiths leave behind a blob of ectoplasm behind when using some of it's abilities in a separate pr.
I think the difference is that by giving it to chaplain and not really anyone else, you make it mechanically expected for chaplain to hunt wraiths. Currently chaplain can definitely hunt antags, however theyre not mechanically expected too, If we’re going with this weapon as decently unavailable, by giving chaplains the weapon youre putting a greater burden on them being the ones hunting wraiths.

Even if all the mechanics with ectoplasm ammo is fixed, i just dont think it fits as ammo. Ectoplasm is ghost goop, its not something that fires a gun.