HoS Application: AlphaFlamingo22 (Raja Agarwal)
Usual character name: Raja Agarwal
BYOND username: AlphaFlamingo22
Discord username (if you are on our discord): AlphaFlamingo#8052

Recommended by (if applicable): no one
Goon servers you play: goon 1

Reason for application: I think its the right time to apply. I think I've been playing sec for long enough.

Security experience (300 word minimum):
[b]I've been playing sec every day for the last 5 or so months, and those 5 months have been the most memorable time on ss13 for me thus far. To me security is a community, in which you must earn respect, no other job on ss13 is like that, and that's why I love security because while the people who challenge you, robust you, et cetera, can be infuriating to deal with, but when you do get beaten to shit you always can radio your fellow sec officers either via radio or by alert, and frankly the people in sec are amazing, and I do genuinely mean that, the sec regulars are honestly the most trustworthy people on this server. So overall my security experience has been fairly good. But there have been many times where I either rage quit or just have an aneurism because some power gamer stole my shit and/or robusted me. The reason the only reason why I actually started playing sec is that I had nothing else to play, and at first I was terrible, just awful, the only other job I had played was doctor, and I was not brand new either, I had at least 100 hours on the game before I even tried sec, but as I kept playing sec I got progressively better and better, and that is how I got hooked on sec, because of it’s high skill ceiling and the unique gameplay that it offers. And I think I’m suitable to play HoS now because I have improved significantly, I have earned my respect in the sec department, and I think playing HoS, and being a leader like that would definitely be a good fit for me, generally, I don’t get power hungry, I haven’t gotten like like in quite some time, and that was on a completely different server.[/b]

Answer two or more of the following:

• What advice would you give to other sec players? 
    Sec requires a lot of time to get good at, not only do I mean in the robust sense, but in the management sense, you need to keep your cool, and not taze someone out of the blue, even if they are set to arrest.
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
    I don't think I have or remember a favorite moment as sec, but I do really enjoy chasing after antags, and tracing their previous actions. 
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
    Add a color meter on the contraband  in the sec huds, so I don't waste time trying to see what's in a botanist's pocket when its actually just a weed leaf.Also, add the feature where you can put a flashlight on your armor vest
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
    When I'm with a team of sec I usually am more laid back, and also pay attention to the radio more often.When I'm the only sec off however I typically just go full gamer mode because if I'm the only sec that probably means the rest of sec got robusted by some crazy good antag
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
    Oh, NanoTrasen shall your beauty give us strength give us hope  guide us for we are your loyal servants We sacrifice our lives for you for the greater good
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
    I'm not really sure, but if I had to pick a gimmick for a round, it would probably be a jaded cop that has had enough of the station's bullshit
  • Draw a picture!
    My shitty interpretation of the NT logo:
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): 1 time for language, and one time for self antag.

my picture didn't come through!

(04-20-2022, 05:11 PM)AlphaFlamingo Wrote: Usual character name: Raja Agarwal
BYOND username: AlphaFlamingo22
Discord username (if you are on our discord): AlphaFlamingo#8052
Recommended by (if applicable): no one
Goon servers you play: goon 1

Reason for application: I think its the right time to apply. I think I've been playing sec for long enough.

Security experience (300 word minimum):
[b]I've been playing sec every day for the last 5 or so months, and those 5 months have been the most memorable time on ss13 for me thus far. To me security is a community, in which you must earn respect, no other job on ss13 is like that, and that's why I love security because while the people who challenge you, robust you, et cetera, can be infuriating to deal with, but when you do get beaten to shit you always can radio your fellow sec officers either via radio or by alert, and frankly the people in sec are amazing, and I do genuinely mean that, the sec regulars are honestly the most trustworthy people on this server. So overall my security experience has been fairly good. But there have been many times where I either rage quit or just have an aneurism because some power gamer stole my shit and/or robusted me. The reason the only reason why I actually started playing sec is that I had nothing else to play, and at first I was terrible, just awful, the only other job I had played was doctor, and I was not brand new either, I had at least 100 hours on the game before I even tried sec, but as I kept playing sec I got progressively better and better, and that is how I got hooked on sec, because of it’s high skill ceiling and the unique gameplay that it offers. And I think I’m suitable to play HoS now because I have improved significantly, I have earned my respect in the sec department, and I think playing HoS, and being a leader like that would definitely be a good fit for me, generally, I don’t get power hungry, I haven’t gotten like like in quite some time, and that was on a completely different server.[/b]

Answer two or more of the following:

• What advice would you give to other sec players? 
    Sec requires a lot of time to get good at, not only do I mean in the robust sense, but in the management sense, you need to keep your cool, and not taze someone out of the blue, even if they are set to arrest.

• What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
    I don't think I have or remember a favorite moment as sec, but I do really enjoy chasing after antags, and tracing their previous actions. 

• What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
    Add a color meter on the contraband  in the sec huds, so I don't waste time trying to see what's in a botanist's pocket when its actually just a weed leaf.Also, add the feature where you can put a flashlight on your armor vest

• Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
    When I'm with a team of sec I usually am more laid back, and also pay attention to the radio more often.When I'm the only sec off however I typically just go full gamer mode because if I'm the only sec that probably means the rest of sec got robusted by some crazy good antag

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
    Oh, NanoTrasen shall your beauty 

• give us strength 
  • give us hope  
  • guide us for we are your loyal servants 
  • We sacrifice our lives for you for the greater good
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
    I'm not really sure, but if I had to pick a gimmick for a round, it would probably be a jaded cop that has had enough of the station's bullshit

• Draw a picture!
    My shitty interpretation of the NT logo: [Image: view]

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): 1 time for language, and one time for self antag.

Raja is a pretty good officer, but the way they speak of the sec department scares me a bit. An HoS needs to be relatively well rounded, but here the security department is glorified. I’d recommend, with caution. +0.5 because in the end, good officer who can communicate relatively well.
(04-20-2022, 06:03 PM)Reaper90202 Wrote: Raja is a pretty good officer, but the way they speak of the sec department scares me a bit. An HoS needs to be relatively well rounded, but here the security department is glorified. I’d recommend, with caution. +0.5 because in the end, good officer who can communicate relatively well.

I suppose I did over-exaggerate quite a bit in the beginning...
We really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to lack of community feedback. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days, which would be August 26. In the meantime, I'd encourage you to keep sec officering!