Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Should traitors be improved?
(04-27-2022, 01:32 PM)Cal Wrote:
(04-27-2022, 01:05 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: telling sec or the crew they are a ling is a dick move.

actually a brilliant stratagem. one less person to challenge you

The better way is to gas them up all round then absorb them + all the other people they absorbed right before the shuttle gets called. Go abom for the rest of the round and be unkillable

I think given the state of sec antags just need more escape options. Or maybe limit the sec population. I still never understood the addition of these weird NTSO roles, it made sense to me as a late-join if most of sec is dead and the antags are raising hell but why does this suped-up sec officer need to exist at the beginning of the round?? They're just well groomed TURDS, which clearly we all forgot about

If it isn't already, there should be a defined ratio of sec to antags at round start. Make it randomly skew either way though so the meta try hards don't figure it out and scream NUKIES when sec starts fully staffed or something
(04-27-2022, 02:13 PM)saccharineChampion Wrote: For what it's worth - "Griefing" is what an antagonist can do that non-antagonists cannot. It doesn't make sense to call something both griefing and not something an antagonist can do.

Well I mean we already have rules that even antags cant do that would be considered griefing. Like messing with the arrivals shuttle.
I think its worthy to be noted that non-gang/conspirator antags aren't, antags versus crew, its antag versus everyone else.

As an antag, I worry just as much about the c-saber rampager as I do the security officer
Maybe we should do the thing Barotrauma does and add codewords. Like, make a way so that if you say a certain word it highlights in your text bubble to other syndicate antags. Then antags can find teammates but also not just snitch to sec. I think it would also be good to add a way to specify that you mean it as a codeword, in case you don't wanna team and you wanna use that word in a sentence, maybe like an asterisk or quotations around the word.

There also should probably be some kind of penalty for killing other traitors. If you kill your coworker and the company ignores it, that's just kinda weird.
I think it's way funnier when traitors stumble on each other like I was at QM buying shit and dude was like "oh hell yeah I'll buy us guns" and we both geared up and went about our way

Also traitors killing other traitors owns if your running around with a c saber I want it
for sure if an antag is hanging out with a katana on their belt and i have a shotgun on my hand, im yoinking that
Traitors ratting out other traitors is something that they are technically able to do, since on classic they are exempt from grief. Forcing them to be a team antagonist would remove the ability for traitors to rat each other out, but detracts from the situations mentioned by Cal and Nil
As far as I know the whole point of being an Antagonist on the server is to cause problems and mischief without much repurcations.
Infact in Spy/thief mode,alot of spy's have conflicting objectives.
With some having 1 player alive but the other player having that as an assasination target.

Causing a Spy vs Spy moment, wich I am fine with.

The only antagonist that are basicly "FORCED" to work together are the conspirators. Nukies too, but Nukies are death squads so they don't count in this discussion :P
Conspirators litterly have NO TRAITOR TOOLS and such. But can be ratted out...
But eh...
I think it should be an option insted. Where as when the traitor has his PDA open at the market, anyone who wears (SPECIAL) sunglasses can see the traitor mark on them. Same goes with Spy/thieves. So locking that PDA will not give away your antag status to others.

Would be a nice inbetween.
(04-20-2022, 11:40 AM)Cal Wrote:
(04-20-2022, 11:36 AM)Rmeaper Wrote: Having a way to identify other traitors sounds like fun.

We had this.

"Hey sec, x x and x are traitors."

There's a reason it was removed.
Why, was it too powerful?
(04-28-2022, 06:28 AM)Shmiggy Wrote: Traitors ratting out other traitors is something that they are technically able to do, since on classic they are exempt from grief. Forcing them to be a team antagonist would remove the ability for traitors to rat each other out, but detracts from the situations mentioned by Cal and Nil

There is large difference between ratting out a fellow traitor due to in game interaction, and doing so in an actively toxic attempt to mess up multiple peoples rounds before they even really start. As pointed out it’s why we don’t mess with the arrivals shuttle antag status or not, and While not identical carries the same spirit of you can at least get your feet wet before you get crushed.
(04-28-2022, 10:35 AM)Uziy3 Wrote: Why, was it too powerful?

Traitors would rat each other out OR immediately kill other antags with their PDA in their hand hoping to nick their open pda.
Honestly I think sec weapons could use a slight nerf, which would fix the issue of antags having no escape avenue. Maybe make batons take three hits from full stamina (still 2 hits from anything lower though) and slightly reduce the disorient effect tasers give you. That way antags have an easier time getting away, but if you're a good secoff you still won't be crippled.

As for the concern where stuns always beat straight damage, perhaps it's time to buff blood loss from projectiles and make it so getting shot is far more big of a deal to secoffs than it currently is by reducing their ranged prot somewhat.
(07-13-2022, 06:29 AM)NightmarechaMillian Wrote: Honestly I think sec weapons could use a slight nerf, which would fix the issue of antags having no escape avenue. Maybe make batons take three hits from full stamina (still 2 hits from anything lower though) and slightly reduce the disorient effect tasers give you. That way antags have an easier time getting away, but if you're a good secoff you still won't be crippled.

As for the concern where stuns always beat straight damage, perhaps it's time to buff blood loss from projectiles and make it so getting shot is far more big of a deal to secoffs than it currently is by reducing their ranged prot somewhat.

Holy Necroing Batman!

Anyhow... I don't think sec weapons need a debuff or traitor weapons needing a buff.
Simply put since Traitors have WAYS to escape or deal with stun.
Seriously 1 smart traitor can CRIPPLE SECURITY or keep them busy for 15 minutes unless they kill them.

I have litterly seen a traitor get up instantly after 0 stamina and stun, to keep stunning them so much, then we cuff them and they break the cuffs instantly and are back n the loose smacking us around.

Unless you are a traitor going for a non combat situation... yes stun will mess with you as it will with anyone who tries to antag.
The point of the traitor is you mostly CHOSE you gear and you can have gear, chems and items to get waht you need to fight security as the one man army you wish to be. You won't kill as much since TRAITORS AINT SUPPOSE TO BE RAMPAGERS BUT STEALTHERS. But you can with game knowledge absolutely have the HoS needing to kill you... to stop you WITH DIFFICULTY.