Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Should traitors be improved?
(04-21-2022, 06:14 AM)Mouse Wrote: I mean if you want to model it after real world espionage it's not just a code phrase - it's a code phrase and a specific response.

I'm down.
As long as one phrase is “Nice night” and the response is , “Pizza dude’s got 30 seconds.”
Radical Idea

Remove tasers as a option. You want to catch a traitor? Cool! CHARGE AS ONE!
Dies to a c saber swipe with another guy
Hi I think traitor is deliberately designed to struggle openly fighting multiple security officers, and that's a *good thing*. If traitors could purchase extremely reliable weapons, anti-stun gear, and have fully reliable ways to team up and tackle sec together, it would make sneaky stealthy items irrelevant. It's supposed to be tense, trying to conceal that you're a traitor from security, because if they figure it out your main advantage (surprise) is gone and they have overwhelming odds against you.

This is sorta what the recent buffs I made to chameleon outfits and DNA scramblers are orientated around, vaguely. It's really fun to sneak around in plain sight and get away with more than you feel like you should, and traitor has a lot of underutilized tools for sneaky crime. If you could just go on a rampage out in the open and win it more often than not, there'd be no reason to use creative items and engage in trickery, which would be a shame imo. I also think people who like playing the role in this 'rampage-y' playstyle would have more fun with it being challenging and tricky than it being a cakewalk. More exciting that way.
(04-20-2022, 04:32 PM)Yellow Wrote: Tbh I think stun weapons make the experience less fun than general ranges/melee. You can dodge tasers by laying down, but getting clicked 1 time to be killed isn’t that much fun

I do agree with that, while it seems a lot of effort is put into making lethal weapons very forgiving to fight, stuns generally will end whatever you're doing without much chance to stop, and then whatever you had is theirs and you're dead. I don't quite like how there's so much tuning to make fighting someone with a gun forgiving and out-robustable while it's 2 baton hits and your traitor round is over.
I do think it would be nice to bring back the whole identify other traitors via sunglasses mechanic. That was neat and I dont really know why it was removed.
(04-26-2022, 07:22 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: I do think it would be nice to bring back the whole identify other traitors via sunglasses mechanic. That was neat and I dont really know why it was removed.

from how i seem to understand it, other traitors that are scummy enough would just rush it and rat them out to sec or something
honestly, while i do think being able to know who your fellow traitors are is nice, i do think there should be a bit of an obstacle to get to that
(04-26-2022, 11:17 PM)Nihisohel Wrote:
(04-26-2022, 07:22 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: I do think it would be nice to bring back the whole identify other traitors via sunglasses mechanic. That was neat and I dont really know why it was removed.

from how i seem to understand it, other traitors that are scummy enough would just rush it and rat them out to sec or something
honestly, while i do think being able to know who your fellow traitors are is nice, i do think there should be a bit of an obstacle to get to that
Honestly that is a situation where the sec officer receiving that answer should ahelp the person reporting . Going out of your way to ruin peoples rounds like that is the very definition of a rule 1 violation.
i guess back then it was a situation where shitter behavior in that instance was accepted + the idea that theres no bottom line in doing whatever as a traitor (besides the obvious)
Id consider that to be griefing and not covered under the antags being able to do what they want.
I will say this though if you use said information to hunt your fellow antags yourself that is totally fine. They at least can have a chance to defend themselves and or turn sec against you.
Yeah its like when lings find each other. They can either join forces or fight but telling sec or the crew they are a ling is a dick move.
(04-27-2022, 01:05 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: telling sec or the crew they are a ling is a dick move.

actually a brilliant stratagem. one less person to challenge you
For what it's worth - "Griefing" is what an antagonist can do that non-antagonists cannot. It doesn't make sense to call something both griefing and not something an antagonist can do.