Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Wizards should be unable to use spells when they can't speak
If a wizard can't speak for some reason (lack of oxygen or whatever) they can still use spells. Which are used by saying the spell out loud. It doesn't make much sense. It would be more obvious for a wizard to only be able to use spells if they can clearly say their spells.
Pretty sure this is the case if you muzzle them
(04-20-2022, 06:20 AM)Cal Wrote: Pretty sure this is the case if you muzzle them

nope

also, a minor nitpick i have is how wizards are able to use polymorph and cluwne spell when theyre fucking stunned and it drives me nuts when they catch someone with it
Yep, Poly and Cluwne working in stun makes actually catching a wizard with those spells an absolute nightmare. You can't strip their hat, you can maybe get a cuff off if you're lucky, and then you have to walk in a circle carrying them and beat them to death with your baton, preferably while you choke them. Because there is no alternative.

And we cannot forget our favorite cast Scyar Nilla Wizards Den when the security officer finally finally manages to baton you between your magic missile and shield cooldown. 10/10 gameplay.
Teleports are meant to get you out of sticky situations but yeah poly and cluwne probably shouldnt work while stunned.
I still maintain that teleporting without a staff should have a chance of leaving behind an organ or two
Basically a guaranteed death for the wizard?
(04-26-2022, 10:21 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: Teleports are meant to get you out of sticky situations but yeah poly and cluwne probably shouldnt work while stunned.

best take out of this. Teleport is your one object/spell for not getting murderboned and i still maintain that a wizard maintains a psychic link that enables this while floored.

If you're stunned on the floor it just should not work, while being on the floor would be fine. There is a difference between laying down and poly/cluwning people that pass by and being so stunned you can't maintain the concentration needed to form the spell. Or force it to be a upright position? 

And yeah, no words should mean no spells.
Whispering should still cast the spell, else perfluorodecalin hypospray is about to be fluro acid beaker 2.