Thomas Morley HoS application (Tommy__2007)
Usual character name: Thomas Morley
BYOND username: Tommy__2007
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Tommy
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Goon servers you play: Goonstation 2 Classic: Bombini

Reason for application: [b]I would like to apply for the HoS / NTSO job as I see how they help people, and assist security during a round to work together, and efficiently, I also do not see many HoS’ / NTSOs on Bombini.[/b]

Security experience (300 word minimum):     [b]Security experience (300 word minimum): My security experience has been varied, but overall fun, I think I started playing security as one of the first round I played. I’ve had Different experiences across the rounds, for example I’ve had rounds when I have been alone as a security officer and just got demolished, but many more where there was a decently sized security team and we used a “buddy System” Where 2 security members would work together, I have rarely had rounds as security where a HoS or NTSO is present and when they are it makes the experience a lot more enjoyable to take part in / play. More recently as security more people have been playing as security officers and security assistants supporting the station and stopping antags. Yet, I don’t want security to be like a death squad as I have seen and experienced in many rounds, just finding the antag, or sometimes not even a confirmed antagonist, strapping them to an electric chair and flicking the switch, I think this is overall negative, and did not enjoy Security rounds that were played out like this. Id rather antagonists were treated by the allocated sentences from space law, or at least not just killed. Contrary to this, ive had rounds where secoffs have helped or ignored antagonists that they know are confirmed, this ruins the fun for others and personally degrades the security experience. Yet when ive had a HoS in the shift, security has been a joy to play and kept the round flowing (as in not just eating all the doughnuts in security out of boredom), I would like to thank you for reading this, it may seem a bit bland, but security can go many ways, and ive had so many different rounds I don’t know how to cram the writing onto the screen, Thanks for reading, have a nice time as sec, it’s a game.[/b]

Answer two or more of the following:
  •       
    • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    I would advise to just think before reacting, a single wrong reaction could ruin someone’s shift even your own, just have fun. It’s a game.  
    • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
    Once I was a security officer, and an antagonist traitor was doing a gimmick where they would act like a villain, giving us clues on what they may do next, they kept getting away, but we eventually got them, this has to be one of my favourite moments as it felt fresh, to not just arrest someone and brig them for 2 mins while they complain about how they only killed 3 people.      
    • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
    I find when I'm working with a security team, I'm more encouraged to work well, while working as a solo security I'm more serious and spend less time focusing on 1 task at hand, getting a little stressed.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
    Berets are red,Nukies fill me with dread,When you find a janitor dead,Tears must be shed.     What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?A gimmick I have done once is using the car on Doughnut 3, I wore a siren helmet and used it as a police car, very fun.
  • Draw a picture! Not any good at drawing, sorry.
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): 2 bans for language, 1 ban for murderboning / ruining a shift.
I can 100% rep for this guy, generally much better than other secoffs where it matters, really friendly too. Definitely someone I'd enjoy being led by or maybe even going against.
An active HoS is desperately needed on bombini, and Thomas fulfills (and even exceeds) the prerequisites I believe are required for the role, he is incredibly active and engaged in the community, skilled and experienced with most mechanics to be deserving of the beret and usually makes whatever shift he is a whole lot more fun.

We also really need an active HoS as the only ones that come to mind are Hard Boiled and JC Denton, who are only on Bombini very occasionally (unless they're from a completely different timezone).

I've also worked many times alongside him as a janitor, which may seem completely unrelated, but during these times he has shown many qualities that are also required for the job, he was dedicated and capable of teaching new janitors the mechanics, much like what is often needed as security and especially as a HoS.

Overall, a great choice in my opinion.
While i do believe thomas is a darn good sec-off and lader, he should work on some things before becoming a hos. Mainly objectivity, ethics and his mindset.
Thomas allows his actions(i mean doesnt resist) to be affected by his mood. He also has habit of jumping to conclusions.
While he is more ethical than most of what we get hes sometimes still way too harsh.
And lastly his mindset, which from his security experience (thread) doesnt seem like has a conscious one. He should be thinking on how to make the round fun and intresting for everyone. For example when to punish/borg antags and when to release them/be less harsh to give the round some action.

Other than that, hes a great fit. And yeah, we desperately need aithority.
A bit hot headed sometimes, and can have trouble communicating. I’d like to see that change before i recommend, but he’s good other than that.
tommy has been a great secoff, and goon2 really needs an HoS, would be really cool if he can become it
(04-19-2022, 10:56 AM)Tommy_211 Wrote: Usual character name: Thomas Morley
BYOND username: Tommy__2007
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Tommy
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Goon servers you play: Goonstation 2 Classic: Bombini

Reason for application: [b]I would like to apply for the HoS / NTSO job as I see how they help people, and assist security during a round to work together, and efficiently, I also do not see many HoS’ / NTSOs on Bombini.[/b]

Security experience (300 word minimum):     [b]Security experience (300 word minimum): My security experience has been varied, but overall fun, I think I started playing security as one of the first round I played. I’ve had Different experiences across the rounds, for example I’ve had rounds when I have been alone as a security officer and just got demolished, but many more where there was a decently sized security team and we used a “buddy System” Where 2 security members would work together, I have rarely had rounds as security where a HoS or NTSO is present and when they are it makes the experience a lot more enjoyable to take part in / play. More recently as security more people have been playing as security officers and security assistants supporting the station and stopping antags. Yet, I don’t want security to be like a death squad as I have seen and experienced in many rounds, just finding the antag, or sometimes not even a confirmed antagonist, strapping them to an electric chair and flicking the switch, I think this is overall negative, and did not enjoy Security rounds that were played out like this. Id rather antagonists were treated by the allocated sentences from space law, or at least not just killed. Contrary to this, ive had rounds where secoffs have helped or ignored antagonists that they know are confirmed, this ruins the fun for others and personally degrades the security experience. Yet when ive had a HoS in the shift, security has been a joy to play and kept the round flowing (as in not just eating all the doughnuts in security out of boredom), I would like to thank you for reading this, it may seem a bit bland, but security can go many ways, and ive had so many different rounds I don’t know how to cram the writing onto the screen, Thanks for reading, have a nice time as sec, it’s a game.[/b]

Answer two or more of the following:
  •       
    • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
    • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
    I would advise to just think before reacting, a single wrong reaction could ruin someone’s shift even your own, just have fun. It’s a game.  Once I was a security officer, and an antagonist traitor was doing a gimmick where they would act like a villain, giving us clues on what they may do next, they kept getting away, but we eventually got them, this has to be one of my favourite moments as it felt fresh, to not just arrest someone and brig them for 2 mins while they complain about how they only killed 3 people.      I find when I'm working with a security team, I'm more encouraged to work well, while working as a solo security I'm more serious and spend less time focusing on 1 task at hand, getting a little stressed.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
    Berets are red,Nukies fill me with dread,When you find a janitor dead,Tears must be shed.     What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?A gimmick I have done once is using the car on Doughnut 3, I wore a siren helmet and used it as a police car, very fun.
  • Draw a picture! Not any good at drawing, sorry.
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): 2 bans for language, 1 ban for murderboning / ruining a shift
Thomas is a really nice sec officer and is a chad on goon 2. hes one of the few security officers that actually do their job. Bombini really needs a hos
With further notice, i’ve seen thomas get alot better! +1
Ive seen Thomas be a solid sec presence in Goon2 for sure. There can be shenanigans with Sec and early armory access on Goon 2 often, but Thomas doesnt seem to engage in that. There seems to be a solid effort to deliver effective brig times and enhance fun for people.

I have seen a bit of excessive force in some cases, so if I would provide any feedback it would be to try to focus on incapacitating and jailing instead of straight up beating, but that can be easier with HoS tools and access.

+1 from me at this stage
We appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to concerns over recent ingame behavior. You're welcome to reapply in 180 days, which would be November 4. In the meantime, I'd encourage you to keep sec officering!