Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Give traitors additional TCs on the RP servers
Traitor item prices are generally balanced around the main servers, where antagonists are allowed to do pretty much whatever they want with no regard for how fun it would be for other players, and thus certain item combinations can't be allowed for balance reasons(eg. the reason most rampage-oriented items like sabers and wrestlebelts are 7+ telecrystals is almost entirely so they can't be bought at the same time as a cloaking device). However, on the RP servers, antagonists are expected to take into account how their actions affects other players and to work to make the round more interesting and fun for everyone. As a result, I feel like it would be a positive change to give RP server traitors additional credits to spend on syndicate items, as it would open up a significant amount of gimmick potential, while traitors that abuse the extra credits to murderbone are the kind of person who would have gotten RP banned at some point anyway.
as a regular on the rp servers I feel like you really, REALLY overestimate how common rp bans for low-rp rampaging truly are
As a sec main on RP, I second that low RP rampages are somewhat frequent. If someone really wants for TC for a gimmick, there is the pray command for those purposes.
doing a lot with a little is a good skill. the tools don't make the traitor, the traitor makes the tools.
In favour of this. If someone's gonna rampage, THEY ARE GOING TO RAMPAGE. It does not matter how many TC they have. Best solution is an ahelp, not let it affect the potential for fun and positive changes. Present other reasons against this if you dislike it IMO.

Overall, not entirely convinced simply on the merit of classic and rp having different numbers of TC. This could encourage people to play rp for the purpose of doing a specific gimmick that requires more TC, but honestly that seems like a minor concern to me. Most likely this would be a good change, more range to do gimmicks is better, and also it would help mitigate the feeling of wasting your TC. I have a lot of rounds where I've used up my TC for sec to instantly confiscate my gear and then to suddenly be spending the remaining hour or more as a hard-mode traitor.
An interesting thing I always point out is how wasy it is to break the tc limit in a spy their round. Prime example last game I netted a breach charge and energy cell upgrade (no stated tc cost), a deluxe mindslave implant (6), pickpocket gun(3), katana (7), chameleon device (5), extra large shot glasses(2), and a signal jammer(3). Grand total tc 26 plus whatever the breach and cell are worth probably a single tc between them.
Was there any real synergy no not really but I had a lot of stuff and only really used 3 of them katana mindslave and energy cell.
(04-18-2022, 11:31 PM)DioChasek Wrote: An interesting thing I always point out is how wasy it is to break the tc limit in a spy their round. Prime example last game I netted a breach charge and energy cell upgrade (no stated tc cost), a deluxe mindslave implant (6), pickpocket gun(3), katana (7), chameleon device (5), extra large shot glasses(2), and a signal jammer(3). Grand total tc 26 plus whatever the breach and cell are worth probably a single tc between them.
Was there any real synergy no not really but I had a lot of stuff and only really used 3 of them katana mindslave and energy cell.

Yes, but that is somewhat the point of the spy. The spy has to work to get his gear, break into places, steal limbs, ... In other words risk it. For the traitor however it's just boop and you have your gear. So that opportunity to get more gear for the spy is compensated by the fact he risks to get caught in the first place, as well as the randomness of the gear he gets, and that he wastes precious time getting that gear.