Jason Oddball's HoS application
Quote: "They say the only things that are certain in life are death and taxes, but I've evaded both my whole life." - Avery Altmann

Usual character name('s): Jason Oddball, Avery Altmann, Nathaniel Orcon
BYOND username: thisisdunkindonut
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Comrade Kiwi#0140
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Goon servers you play: Primarily RP servers, but I've played on all of them

Reason for application: I have some experience in the game and would like to try my hand at the unique roles that HoS and NT Security Operative entail. As well, I believe I could do a pretty good job at both since captain and detective are two of my favourite roles to play, roles that require similar skills to HoS and NT Security Operative as they involve leadership and quick thinking.

Security experience (300 word minimum): Like most people, I started out as a humble security assistant (talking about security experience of course, not my whole gameplay experience). And I was pretty decent at that job, since most of it was patrolling around, handing out tickets left and right and making sure the prisoners were processed and locked away. Given that the assistants main job is to learn about security, it's no suprise that it doesn't take long to learn the ropes of assistant, although they are quite useful sometimes. I think security assistant is a handy role, since it helps teach the mechanics of security without having to put you directly in the line of fire. After a few rounds as security assistant, I unlocked security officer. Comparatively, it was a lot harder, but also more entertaining. Sure, it was tough, but instead of handing out tickets and rolling around on a Segway as Baul Plart, Space Station Cop, it was a lot more intense and more action packed. But, compared to Security Assistant and Security Officer, Detective is the security role I most frequently play. Jason Oddball, my main character, was originally a detective when he was first created before going on to just become my all around security character. Detective is fun and interesting both for the sake of 1920s PI aesthetics but also because forensics and investigations are going to be the last thing on anyone else's mind due to how long they can take and how often they'll run into dead ends. Because of that, it means the detective player is often the sole person investigating crime scenes, and these investigations can sometimes lead to apprehending a antag before they can hatch their master plan to murder everyone in sight, or at the very least provide some interesting RP. Find a blood stain not yet dried? It could lead you to the changeling, and then you can call in your officer pals to bring em down before he can finish mauling your beloved Ms Muggles to death in the maintenance tunnels. Even if you don't track down a criminal, interviewing suspects (interviewing, not interrogating, just to be clear), investigating crime scenes and organising evidence can be good fun on its own and open up unique RP opportunities for all parties involved. Anyways, there's my little spiel or whatever about my security experience. Doesn't really look much like a CV but at least it's more detailed and explained than the scientists experiment records, assuming those records are written in the first place and they somehow manage to survive the constant explosions and infernos of science.

Answer two or more of the following:
What advice would you give to other sec players? - Remember, you have more in line with the police than the army. You aren't supposed to be running in and shooting up the place if you don't have to. You're supposed to keep the peace and defend the station, not beat up anyone who looks slightly suspicious. Your weapons are for defense, not attack. While you will most likely need to bust some crooks and tase some rouge monkeys, your main job is to keep the peace and diplomacy is a lot better at calming down a situation than swinging around a stun baton. Using the answer to the question below as an example, in that situation we provided the cultists with 15 minutes to peacefully hand over the captain and they would be allowed to go free. Stuff like that makes things more interesting, more fun and leads to a lot less deaths for both sides.
What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one) - One of my favourite security moments, as well as one of my favourite Goonstation moments overall, was when we had basically a hostage situation in the chapel, with a cult holding the captain hostage by locking him in a coffin and barricading up the doors. As detective, I was the only one packing lethal force, and I almost had to use it but was saved by an officer with a well timed taser. That was a great round that one.
What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players? - One idea I had would be a security role similar to that of the warden in Colonial Marines, a dedicated person for handling prisoners and trials and that sort of stuff. Security Assistants are better equipped and better suited to paperwork and patrol duty than monitoring the criminal scum of the station and stopping their escape attempts.
Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer. - When there's only one security officer, then usually I'll go about asking the HoP if they could direct potential job applicants to the security department. Other than that, it's just a matter of being more careful and trying to resolve situations before they escalate and require a full response. 

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run? - Maybe a round where the captain is removed from power and the HoS takes over and establishes a military junta would be fun. I could definitely see some people having problems with it, and it'd only really work without violating the rules if both the captain and the HoP were unavailable. But, it sure would be interesting.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None at all, no sir, not me, never. I've never tried to break any rules and I'm quite careful about not breaking them accidentally. After all, I don't want to end up being put on trial like Heisenbee  bee
We really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to lack of community feedback. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days, which would be August 26. In the meantime, I'd encourage you to keep sec officering!