Complaint Flappybat, Sylvester, 4/15/22, roughly 5AM-6AM CST
Admin: Flappybat, I believe I recall seeing other admins on but I was temp banned by Flappybat so I'll assume they're the only one involved.

Server: Sylvester RP
Date + time: 4/15/22, 5AM - 6AM CST unknown specific time.
Synopsis: 
     I was temp banned over a disturbing interpretation of my attempt to bridge a narrative with the typical "turn monkeys into human for me please" standard rp vampire scheme to get blood. I was spending this round as a vampire engineer on Oshan, using convenient logical lies to cover up vampirical oddities.  Why couldn't I go outside? Shellfish allergies.  Why could I turn into a bat? Rare gene.  The next one was the more questionable one: Why do I want these monkeys turned into humans? "So I could potentially have one as my wife."  The MD, Sarren Midden, had the right to refuse if she wanted.  Instead she agreed and even dressed them up, one as a maid, one as a secretary I think.  I would've accepted any humanized monkey, I was put off by the extra mile she went but understood that they were likely just as put off by my request.  They stated IC that this was cursed, and I agreed.  But a vampire needs blood.  So I swept the monkey-human to a nook to drink their blood, toss them in the ocean as one does. 

Wife theming aside, this was standard par for a vampire, no more fucked up than a normal SS13 round which can contain: cannibalism, creatures eating people, animal cruelty, corporate espionage, bombings, biological warfare, and viscera clean up detail. So right after dumping the husk containing no blood I went back to the Medbay for the next humanized monkey.  The MD asked what happened to the other one.  At this moment two false reasons I could say popped into my head.  A) She ran off with another man, said she was not into lizards.  B) I got a video call from my actual wife (who is canonically a female mantis-person, a notoriously vicious species) who saw the women, suspected me of an affair and demanded I kill her or she'd divorce me.

If I'd known B) would cause the reaction it did I would have gone with A).  But the callback to Xanderos's possessive wife sounded neat and it was the more elaborate lie so I went with B).  Sarren Midden replied "That's some snuff shit" and called security on me.  I explained to the officer it was a monkey turned into a human and not an actual person.  The MD, demanded a muzzle and I was muzzled.  I was brought to the Oshan sec checkpoint and stood in cuffs and muzzle in boring silence as they processed my arrest, about 2 minutes to 1 and a half.  Then tossed down the chute to be brigged.  They said it was 3 minutes for murder which I strongly opposed.  I was called a sicko and a freak, with one of them saying "I'm not gonna listen to anything you say." Extremely rude and unfair behavior from sec on top of poor rp potential.

Since I was a vampire, with enough blood to turn into a bat, and jailed for far too long a time I simply left.  My crimes at this moment were: leaving the brig and animal cruelty (humanized-monkey murder).  What was Sec's next reaction after I was then stun-baton'd and detained on sight by John Toblerone?  They brought me into the Chapel to fry my guts.  And beat the shit out of me as I struggled to escape. A rainbow haired medic also participated in this beat up... that doesn't seem right either...   Thus I died.... executed for the crime of being a vampire even though I'd never mentioned being a vampire, just a rare-gene-posessing lizard with specific allergies who murdered a monkey allegedly but no body was ever found so.... Poor form sec...

I was then borged, becoming a salty but fully cooperative civilian automaton with dreams of publishing a book to inspire power to the little people over aggressive policing.  I began to clean then suddenly POOF!  I was temp-banned for 3.5 days.  According to the following reason: "Asking to have a monkey turned into a 'beautiful woman' is over the line and awkward for everyone. You then doubled down on this by referring to them as your girlfriend and talked about slitting their throat. This is unpleasant and mysogonistic RP."   Mysogynistic?  I would've drank the blood from anyone, I only requested women because of the false narrative Xanderos had constructed to cover the acquisition of the monkeys.  The humanized-monkeys even screamed the default male scream.  Unpleasant?  Then why didn't the MD say no? Just say no. I wouldn't have been pushy.  Much of SS13's content is unpleasant to many people.  I found the screams and constant noise unpleasant at first but I didn't try to report anyone for it.

I don't think this warranted a temp ban, especially one of this size!  I also feel that I was harassed and bullied by sec for every second of the vamp's life after "That's smut shit" was spoken. And that such a shat on an antag's round was punishment enough for constructing a narrative someone found unpleasant enough to adminhelp about.  Why was I banned 10 minutes after the problem was dropped?  I would've accepted a warning at any point, and fully listened to it.  I've abided by the rules for over a year+ of being a player and cooperated with the admins the few times I've been warned over anything perfectly and respectfully. I received no warning for my slip-up and though it isn't required I would've liked this as it's much more respectful to someone who unknowingly broke a rule. I wish for this temp-ban to be rescinded, my spotless record to be made clean once again, if possible and perhaps some acknowledgement that the Sec responsible for affectively griefing my antag round for warned or something.  I had a horrible feeling most of Said sec were admins since there were to NTSOs and a HOS.  But I wouldn't know so I will assume such wasn't the case.  It'd make all of this much worse if they were.

Logs: None from in-game though I do have THIS capture of a report using Medical Assistant bod (https://i.imgur.com/vgmZ312.jpg) which is relevant to the extra information below.  Please note my apology though I find myself uncertain if I did anything wrong at this moment.  I suppose I apologize for getting too weird with the false narrative made in rp.
Extra information: After receiving the linked message from an admin I assume was Flappybat, based on their use of "I", I reacted poorly.  Maybe I interpreted it more harshly than it was meant but "I was not interested in warning you for your behavior" tilted me.  Why would you not warn someone when that's an option?  It's not like I was stubbornly discussing anything highly fucked up and intentionally disturbing anyone.  Someone said "that's snuff shit" and I denied it adamantly.  I get very heated when I feel I've been untreated unfairly by authority and I was unaware that I could even reply in that odd bot messaging system.  I ignorantly thought the door had simply been slammed in my face with no room for discussion.  So I did a very childish thing, I whined on the discord.  Not aggressively mind but enough to be timed out.  I won't say my mood was an excuse.  I deserved the time out and should've stepped away.  I apologize for that childishness, I am above that.
Just so it’s crystal clear here right off the bat: when you have multiple people repeatedly trying to indicate to you that what you’re doing in-game is making them uncomfortable, you don’t double down on your actions because your made up Bug Wife demands it, you back off.

The entire rest of this post is largely immaterial to the core issue with your behavior, namely that it went right up to and then started to outright cross the line into some Domestic Violence Roleplay and that’s going to universally be responded to in the exact manner you witnessed, with immediate and severe consequences.

You seem incredibly fixated on how the sea of red flags other players were throwing in your direction was “ruining your antagonist round” and while this isn’t an appeal so I’m not going to look for any contrition here, it sure as hell indicates a self-centered lack of empathy for how your actions in-game can have a real-life emotional impact on the players around you.

Can you really not see any difference at all between a player making a monkey into a human to drink their blood and a player making a monkey into a human, declaring that NPC to be their wife, and then gleefully murdering them to appease a fantasy construct? You took something that would otherwise be some relatively goofy sci-fi nonsense and turned it into an attempt at ritualized domestic violence. This is what we took issue with.

As for the demands to have this ban not only lifted but fully expunged from our records and some sort of weird mea culpa around security behavior to be issued, none of this is happen.

The ban is going to remain in place and your “spotless” record is forever going to have a note on it about this incident. The only decision you can make going forward now, is if that note will also be alongside other notes about positive play and good behavior, or if you’re just going forever be remembered as nothing more then the Weird Bug Wife Person.
"Just so it’s crystal clear here right off the bat: when you have multiple people repeatedly trying to indicate to you that what you’re doing in-game is making them uncomfortable, you don’t double down on your actions because your made up Bug Wife demands it, you back off."

I didn't double down though. Nobody said any problem was occurring until the very moment snuff was mentioned at which point I dropped that whole methodology. There were no hints from anyone about anyone until that moment. At which point I was muzzled and then crazy shit happenned with sec.

There was no visible difference between a players IRL discomfort and their rp character's discomfort!! HOW WAS I TO KNOW WITHOUT A WARNING?! NOTHING was conveyed or spoken to me until the temp ban!

If I was to be temp banned for this gross interpretation, an interpretation in which I DID NOT MEAN to convey, give off or represent, then why not just temp ban me then? Instead Sec spent the remainder of the round humiliating me then the ban. Engaging in pre-punishment hazing and then actual punishment? What's that about? How is that acceptable? Shouldn't the punishment be up to the admins since it'd ascended past an IC problem at that point?

I don't know how to tell you people that I'm genuinely sorry it all went like that. I have always acted with full intentions to follow the rules absolutely. I am very strict with myself about that sort of thing.

Hell. The person I attempted to talk to with the medical bot when I was asking for a repeal seemed fine with me. He simply said "that sounds like something you should in your ban repeal request." So I have in fact reused parts of that.

When I'm in character I don't use meta knowledge outside of the rules. So I wasn't looking for people's reactions to see if my stuff was offending people. I believe if I walked into medbay, pulled out a gun, threatened a person then shot them multiple times until dead, security would've also been called and etc. Not even any LOOC stuff. NOTHING.

Sigh. So who do I need to DM to inform them of something I don't want aired here in public? I believe it will help the admins understand that I generally had no bad intentions to disturb or instill disgust in anyone.

Also I do not understand why your response so hostile to my initial post. My request was simply a request. I wasn't expecting mercy, however much I feel I deserve it.

I have to wonder if perhaps Saren Midden understood that it was just a dumb waifu joke to cover up the acquisition of humanized monkeys and that's why they were fine with it? Did they not get that I was a vamp and what the inevitable next step was?

Fine with it at first I mean.

I just want to say that I completely missed that "sea of red flags" and I didn't get the implications people would put on that humanized-monkey. I'm sorry. None of the discomfort caused or unpleasantness was intended.
(04-16-2022, 04:44 AM)TrueOrder Wrote: If I was to be temp banned for this gross interpretation, an interpretation in which I DID NOT MEAN to convey, give off or represent, then why not just temp ban me then? Instead Sec spent the remainder of the round humiliating me then the ban. Engaging in pre-punishment hazing and then actual punishment? What's that about? How is that acceptable? Shouldn't the punishment be up to the admins since it'd ascended past an IC problem at that point?

We are often after any IC results due to the nature of admin reports. I am not sure why you expect us to have any control over how players are responding to you at that moment.
After some time to think on it I wish to say I'm sorry for the event and how I reacted to it. I did not mean to portray such and I did not mean to make anyone uncomfortable. I see now how it was taken but in the game I was just thinking about it as an in-game advantage for blood. This went further than I expected and did things I did not mean it to do. Because of what was misinterpreted I understand why you acted as such. I wish to state this was simply not my intention and I regret what has happened. On the second part I'm sorry I acted out as such. I was upset since it was a misunderstanding if something was stated before hand I would have stopped. I apologize for this as well. I really just wish to play the game and enjoy it. I just did not mean it like that and did not want people to think I did mean it like that. That is why I wished it was wiped clean simply because this is all a big misunderstanding.