Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas for pods
I gathered a few ideas which I think would be interesting to introduce to existing pod mechanics:

1. Escape pod for a space pod.
Do you know how you get ejected from destroyed pod just upon the explosion?
Here a miniputt gets ejected, and you are piloting it.

2. Turbo acceleration.
Basically, I frequently find myself flying a straight path and dreaming about being able to rocketshoe my way to the other end.
There's multiple decisions to be held, such as: whether acceleration will be proportional or as dramatic as I picture it. Will drawback come from a cooldown or inevitable consequences? Whether it will utilize fuel system that will be put in eventually, or be a single use, kind of disposable secondary sytstem, or will it arcadingly recharge itself?

3. Sabotage.
I see the mechanics implemented on escape pods to have prosperous future if applied to the pods that we love and trust. Perhaps there could be some sophisticated way to sabotage unattended pod to a great owner's surprise some time in the future.

You're welcomedto contribute your own ideas to this thread.
1) Escape pods
i'm for this is if the escape pods work like the current escape pods (launch in a straight line you can't control, chance of crashing)

2)Turbo speed
In the toxins brainstorm thread I brought up toxins being able to make heated plasma that lets your pod move faster

3) Sabotage
That there's no way to emag pods is kinda weird
traitor item idea: special beacon thing you can put on pods that comes with a camera and a remote, so you can control the pod remotely?
Add in an item called "Afterburners" that fits in the secondary slot, and when activated causes your pod to charge at 3x speed in the direction it's facing. Make it act like when you're shot out of a mass driver wearing a jetpack, and need to fly in the other direction for a while to counteract the inertia. If you hit an object at speed, it causes some damage to the pod. Scatter a couple in secret locations around the debris field, and also give the syndicate trader some at a modest price.

Make them emaggable so they fly 5x as fast, lock down the cockpit, and can't slow down. get in not go out
I had an idea like that.

It was essentially like nitrous for pods. You mixed a gas in Toxins and moved the gas into an O2 gas tank. The gas tank was then attached to a pod system (fuel injectors?) and added to the pod. It is a secondary pod system and the speed gained and duration depended on the gas mix used.

Got to go fast in my speedy golden pod.
Make pod nitrous basically be flamethrower hellburn mix.
The ability to load the Head Surgeon into the cargo bay as a passenger. crossarms
You can already load actual bots in, at least.
Cogwerks Wrote:You can already load actual bots in, at least.

Personally I'd rather travel with the box...
If you use the syndicate breaching mechanism do they get destroyed or do they deploy like humans? They probably should if not because I'm imagining a traitor crashing into the station with an army of emagged securitrons.
The Droid Wrote:
If you use the syndicate breaching mechanism do they get destroyed or do they deploy like humans? They probably should if not because I'm imagining a traitor crashing into the station with an army of emagged securitrons.
OK, if bots surviving the pod breaching thing isn't already in, it should be added just because of this.