Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Syndicate Rancher needs some love!
(04-15-2022, 01:02 PM)Ikea Wrote: I dont think you got there point? There point wasnt that jobs having ways to kill people cant have unique traitor items, it was that jobs need unique ways to kill people/do antag stuff which one of the ways can be traitor items.

I fully understand that, my point is that "new roundstart jobs should have unique traitor items" is a bullshit rule that was only brought up once to screw over livvy and admins are now coming up with poor excuses as to why it doesn't apply to a job that admins made themselves.
I dont think theres some grand conspiracy here, I think its just that jobs that have lots of mechanical abilities to do crime, need crime stuff far less then the job whose only unique mechanical thing is that they cant speak.

I did like the idea of a serum that speeds up all of a chickens life cycle, though now that agenium does that, it may not be worth to have as a purchase.
Deciding not to merge a PR is not "screwing someone over" or something. A PR doesn't deserve to be merged simply because it is submitted and not every PR can be workshopped into something that fits.

Zewaka didn't deny the PR on the grounds of not having an antag item, or at all. He just made a comment that he thought it should have an antag item. There was no "targetting" the PR or author, we simply just didn't want it because we didn't think it fit in well, and so it wasn't merged.
(04-15-2022, 03:13 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: we simply just didn't want it because we didn't think it fit in well, and so it wasn't merged.

if that was the case, you should of closed it and said so instead of constantly saying "add/change x and we might merge it"
As much as it might seem this way, we are not a monolith. And I'm sure some admins liked the idea were trying to workshop it into something that they could convince the rest of us would be good, but in the end it didn't pan out.

Things like that are why we should try to require design documents written by contributors seeking to make a big PR, so that we can give the necessary feedback before the PR is submitted and the author considers it "done" (which is not the correct way to think about the process with PR's, but some people do and I've felt that before myself). But everyone's just doing the best they can.
This seems to be getting a bit off-topic.

I am very glad to hear about the chicken grenade (again), it always felt like a huge loss to me that there wasn't a real way for traitors to make most species hostile to the rest of the station, and I am very much looking forward to it!

It's already been (sort of) mentioned, I think, but some way to make chickens faster may be a good idea, so that the station isn't deprived of one antag for 50 minutes because the rancher isn't a pro.
I am sorry this turned into a source of negativity. I just wanted to brain storm some fun traitor gear. There is no need to point fingers. Going forward lets focus on the positive things we can add.

(04-15-2022, 03:02 PM)Ikea Wrote: I dont think theres some grand conspiracy here, I think its just that jobs that have lots of mechanical abilities to do crime, need crime stuff far less then the job whose only unique mechanical thing is that they cant speak.

I did like the idea of a serum that speeds up all of a chickens life cycle, though now that agenium does that, it may not be worth to have as a purchase.

I will say that even a single tc pill bottle of say 7 ageinium could speed things up immensely so don't discount that idea.
Traitor items are generally more intuitive than that. Miners used to be able to buy a box of random ore and it was removed for being boring af.

Armor kits for chickens might rock, or a traitor item that can pull ghosts to help? Though the human element is always worrying as people can just not help.

Maybe a swarm of player controlled antag critters.
(04-15-2022, 04:55 PM)Cal Wrote: Traitor items are generally more intuitive than that. Miners used to be able to buy a box of random ore and it was removed for being boring af.

Armor kits for chickens might rock, or a traitor item that can pull ghosts to help? Though the human element is always worrying as people can just not help.

Maybe a swarm of player controlled antag critters.

I'm proud to announce the new Goonstation Chicken Armour DLC pack, which will be going up for sale as our first microtransaction for only $15! This is an exciting time for Goon, and I know you'll all be elated with this news.
(04-15-2022, 04:55 PM)Cal Wrote: Traitor items are generally more intuitive than that. Miners used to be able to buy a box of random ore and it was removed for being boring af.

Oh, I thought it was removed for being shit and because the only people who ever bought it were people who confused it with the surplus crate. (aka me)