Bob Guy HoS Application
Photo 
Usual character name: Bob Guy
BYOND username: Reaper90202
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Craftsdwarf
Recommended by (if applicable): None
Goon servers you play: Goon2, occasionally Goon1

Reason for application: I would like to increase my ability to help out around and manage the security team, without being a super-aggressive security guard that bosses everybody around. Nobody wants to be that guy (hopefully). The HoS seems to be a very clear authority role of the team, and has a variety of tools to help. TL;DR I think it’d be way easier to teach, manage, and help out as the HoS. Also, funny beret.

Security experience (300 word minimum):
I’ve played security for around two months now, only after learning every other department and deciding Security is by far my favorite (botany is my second favorite). I love working with the team, and try to be as transparent as possible. One of my favorite methods is the “State Patrols” method. I encourage my fellow officers to tell where they’re patrolling, and if anyone is detected. Whenever all the officers comply, rounds tend to be very organized and alot less casualties on the security team. I also enjoy doing radio checks to see if everybody is alive. I generally tend to employ all sorts of things to aid organization, making sure everybody is calm and at their best, and most importantly teaching people. I’ve brought many newbies with me on patrols, and tought a few people how to use the horrid arrest tagging machine. I try not to give people the death penalty unless it’s absolutely necessary. My current communication policy is to, unless necessary, not use aggressive speech by any means. Being aggressive will only agitate and cause more problems for both sides. Furthermore, i’ll usually try to correct officers who are assaulting instead of arresting. If they don’t respond, i will arrest the person myself. I have had an experience where they continued to attack the person, and i stunned the officer and left. I probably could’ve handled that better. I am always open to criticism and learning, as is my way. I’ll try not to slow the round, such as if an antagonist just isn’t having a round go their way, i may confiscate their gear and release them back into the wild after the legal brig time. Honesty is the best policy. I tend to ask advice from other, more experienced HoS’s and officers first, which is also how i overcame the stress of applying for this. If i do get the beret, i hope to continue this, and lead my security teams with organization and honesty.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    Don’t assault civilians, use proper brig times, being unrobust isn’t the end of the world, place your disks on the table, and (most importantly) communicate and watch communications.
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
    Ser Knight, a very recent time, was a generally fun person to be around, speaking in old english and being funny. I aspire to have a personality like them, but unfortunately i lack much of a gimmick at all. I hope to improve in this area.
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
    Not dropping 2-handed guns when you try to equip them with a hand full. It’s very frustrating for people with bad reflexes or generally unrobust officers.
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
    When in a full team, i tend to patrol and help manage the comms with patrols and tips. As a lone officer, i tend to help out in general and rapidly respond to calls. I also carry around a medkit when alone, in case i need to heal (or heal someone) on the go.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):

[*]What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
Agent Mime, a mime recruited into security. The man who speaks in hands (and batons). I caught a few antagonists that way

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):

thank you for encouraging me to apply, people on the discord!  bee
Thumbs Up 
Fuck yeah! It's great that you finally applied!
By the way, I can rep Bob Guy, he's a solid sec and could easily thwart any one of my toxin-tomfoolery incidents  space bear
Solid officer, communicates well. +1 from me
Im sorry bob guy, but from my experience youre not really fir for a hos. I often see you clueless and youre not very competent. But what i cant argue against is thag youre creative and fun, and a guy like this is needed on the sec team.
I do have to agree with this. I see Bob asking more questions than they answer when I spectate them, it might be better for them to put more time into the game.
I reckon with a bit more time bob will be fit for HoS, he has the characteristics in mind, but he can act out sometimes during situations, i think he is a good person for HoS overall through.
(04-19-2022, 03:31 PM)Tommy_211 Wrote: I reckon with a bit more time bob will be fit for HoS, he has the characteristics in mind, but he can act out sometimes during situations, i think he is a good person for HoS overall through.

Not saying hes a bad hos, just that he needs more time
(04-19-2022, 03:34 PM)nut_ai Wrote:
(04-19-2022, 03:31 PM)Tommy_211 Wrote: I reckon with a bit more time bob will be fit for HoS, he has the characteristics in mind, but he can act out sometimes during situations, i think he is a good person for HoS overall through.

Not saying hes a bad hos, just that he needs more time

Nut, it’s because I enjoy learning things. Asking questions is a GOOD characteristic, because you generally take in more criticism during it. Also, EVERYONE has questions in this huge game.
I have not had this individual serve with me as security as I no longer play it, but I both see their heavy immersion into the role and thirst for consistent behavioral acclimation by implementing things I myself, AS an HoS, have tried to do, as something that goes far above most security officers.

This individual has a clear goal in mind and are taking massive strides to not only take on more, but ask and learn more as they progress. They do not know everything, but have a good amount of basic knowledge comparable to most players this far into the game, and they constantly show a willingness to learn more and engage with others in a positive and impactful way.

As a player, this individual exemplifies qualities many desire in others as well as themselves. They have patience, they have humility, they are curious, they are pleasant to be around, and a lovely co worker.

As security, they have shown time and time again their capability in communications, logistics and planning and foresight. They respond well to situations and are effective when having to work alone or in a leadership role.

Observing them, I find we need to push for more officers like this, and more HoS with these qualities.

Give Bob Guy the beret.
I could see Bob being a good HoS +1
Bob Guy is a cool guy. +1
Up until about a month ago, I did not have much to say, which in my books was good. You were a fair officer who did not mistreat those you arrested and you were always in contact with the team. That being said, recently you have really stepped up your game. I have seen a lot of effort from you to be the best officer you can be and I think that is great. You also run fun gimmicks which are refreshing when round on classic can get really repatative. Definite +1 from me
Has the right attitude and the skills however does not seem to respond to certain situations in the correct manner, for example, wanting to open armory on a wizard round. For now I will remain neutral. However, I did not know the full context behind his decision and if the situation was actually worth opening armory I will gladly 1+
(05-01-2022, 04:59 PM)NanoDano Wrote: Has the right attitude and the skills however does not seem to respond to certain situations in the correct manner, for example, wanting to open armory on a wizard round. For now I will remain neutral. However, I did not know the full context behind his decision and if the situation was actually worth opening armory I will gladly 1+

Context: Captain ordered the crew to ‘Kill and eat sec’ if we tried to stop them from ripping the sec wall open, crew wanted to follow through with it and we had a mob breaking into sec. 
I was not authing for the wizard, but thank you for letting me know yoh were confused!
(05-01-2022, 05:15 PM)Reaper90202 Wrote: Context: Captain ordered the crew to ‘Kill and eat sec’ if we tried to stop them from ripping the sec wall open, crew wanted to follow through with it and we had a mob breaking into sec. I was not authing for the wizard, but thank you for letting me know yoh were confused!
I see, I'm afraid I still don't agree with opening the armory, since it clearly wasn't revs that mob would most likely get yelled at if they actually broke into sec and attacked. Telling them they were breaking the rules and calling for help would have been what I would do. I could be completely wrong but maybe you don't see mobs often on goon2? 
Either way I'll +1, you seem like a good guy and were only trying to do the right thing