Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
stop making things oversimplified
Video 
So goon is one of the simplest codebases to play on and its becoming even simpler...
while the case could be made thats its a good thing for new players, the case could also be made theres not much to do... the teg is quite simple, chemistry is just a sick joke, ttv making is not even hard when you get what youre supposed to do, medicine is also so simple its a joke, tiding is trivial and so on... while it encourages the game to be about social interactions, it gets repeating, boring and at one point it all just blends together

i think we should keep the simplicity, but introduce some more advanced mechanics that wouldnt interfere much with the simple ones, for example ability to make pipes and air injectors, maybe make the sec and command department doors harder to hack, make mataci more intersting and useful, and mechs
What exactly are we oversimplifying?
> goon is one of the simplest codebases to play on
CM is arguably simpler
> its becoming even simpler.
proof required
> ttv making is not even hard
never has been
> medicine is also so simple its a joke
> chemistry is just a sick joke
more complex than it used to be
> the teg is quite simple
literally had a huge feature expansion/balance change and framework developed for more interesting stuff, please code stuff for it
> make the sec and command department doors harder to hack
was done
> make mataci more intersting and useful
people have been trying to do this for 10 years now, try your hand at it
> mechs
no, go to tg if you want those, they don't really have a place for our gameplay style
> pipes and air injectors
feel free to code and balance (caution: very hard)
(04-14-2022, 11:00 AM)arkand Wrote: So goon is one of the simplest codebases to play on and its becoming even simpler...
while the case could be made thats its a good thing for new players, the case could also be made theres not much to do... the teg is quite simple, chemistry is just a sick joke, ttv making is not even hard when you get what youre supposed to do, medicine is also so simple its a joke, tiding is trivial and so on... while it encourages the game to be about social interactions, it gets repeating, boring and at one point it all just blends together

i think we should keep the simplicity, but introduce some more advanced mechanics that wouldnt interfere much with the simple ones, for example ability to make pipes and air injectors, maybe make the sec and command department doors harder to hack, make mataci more intersting and useful, and mechs

https://wiki.ss13.co/Packets

Enjoy!
(04-14-2022, 11:21 AM)AmazingDragons Wrote:
(04-14-2022, 11:00 AM)arkand Wrote: So goon is one of the simplest codebases to play on and its becoming even simpler...

https://wiki.ss13.co/Packets

Enjoy!

this is heavily outdated
huh looks like you can't just follow a guide and instantly understand mechanics front to back just like you were wondering about
ok i take things back, not much has even changed over the last 4 months apart from balancing ,alot of quality of life and sprites
(04-14-2022, 12:04 PM)arkand Wrote: this is heavily outdated

Excuse me? What part of it is "heavily outdated" (or even outdated at all)?
What on earth
man if goon medicine is simple i'd hate to see what complicated medicine would be
(04-14-2022, 04:05 PM)Mouse Wrote: man if goon medicine is simple i'd hate to see what complicated medicine would be

I think he means how you have automenders, patch stickers, cryo tubes and sleepers/auto medbay.

But that's like 60% of it... Doesnt change surgery and such wich is much more advanced.
We alos had virology.. wich was.. disabled since every round there was a pandemic going on due to a griever, someone mishandling it and no one making cures.
i honestly dont see how goonstation pales itself in comparison to other codebases in terms of complexity, genuinely i dont see a difference between goonstation medicine in comparison to other codebases, minus the fact that limb targetting is more prominent on those codebases
if thats whats missing for you, i dont know what to tell you.
like what even is the difference with goonstation surgery and TG surgery or something like baystation surgery, theres literally only a few nuances between them
even at times id say we are MORE complex than other codebases are, even the goofy shit we got in our codebase extends to complex goofy shit

and i agree with zewaka, CM is simple, just incredibly sweaty
CM is where I recommend for everyone who just wants to shoot stuff . Beyond the alien side it’s pretty barebones as far as SS13 goes.
TBH I wouldn't mind if you could cut/disable people's limbs with enough damage on goon. Beyond Atmos and virology, which, well, y'know, I always felt it was weird goon didn't consider limbs super different than the main body in surgery.
(04-25-2022, 06:04 AM)NightmarechaMillian Wrote: TBH I wouldn't mind if you could cut/disable people's limbs with enough damage on goon. Beyond Atmos and virology, which, well, y'know, I always felt it was weird goon didn't consider limbs super different than the main body in surgery.

I know this isn’t what you mean exactly but if you do over 30 brute you a limb, it has a proportional chance to knock off that limb (31 brute is 1% chance iirc, 130 brute is 100% chance). This is currently bugged tho and only applies to humans, not mutant races.

I think being able to delimb by just thwacking something enough would be nice