Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead bodies are gross
Captain_Bravo Wrote:It would also make finding a changeling's stash a lot more horrifying, in that as soon as the locker opens up and the bodies spill out, everyone within range would begin vomiting uncontrollably.
lol at sec finding a corpsepile and all the officers vomit while the detective and hos stand around going "that's right rookie, first time always the hardest, let it all out"
Hell, you could even make it so the stink of heavily-decomposed corpses always causes heavy vomiting, and then add in craftable bandanas that you can soak in alcohol and wear on your mask slot. We could have banditos running around!
Make the emote or vomiting reactions have a random chance of affecting those not immune, otherwise it might get a little meta gamey.

Shitty McLynchie says "that Staff Assistant didn't puke! He must be the killer!"
Cogwerks Wrote:There's already a Stinky bioeffect, I'll see if I can make it run on dead people past decomp stage 1.
I'm going to say this is the best way I see this working.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:Also, make it so odors are blocked by Medical Masks and full gasmasks. Emergency Gasmasks will prevent the worst of effects, but you'll still get nauseous and smell it pretty fierce.

Maybe we could also add in these: http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/ ... t-smokers/

One could be issued to the detective. it acts like a pinpointer, only it directs him towards the nearest source of bad odor. Categorize Weed, Farts, Superfarts, and decomposition all into the same thing, so a room full of farting assistants will throw off his search for dead bodies.

I posited a cadaverine (It's a real chemical, look it up!) detector as a detective's tool in the SA thread some time back, but I like this idea much more.
Honestly, traitors shouldn't be immune to it. Changelings, maybe, but it would mean that if you kill someone, you have to actually dispose of the corpse. Keeping a corpse locker is a strategic choice, you either have a way to deal with the odor, or you puke all over yourself every time you shove a fresh kill in there.

It would also make the freezer and formaldehyde a lot more effective.
Add how the enzymatic reclaimer gives matter points or however you call them. The more rotten the corpse the less matter it gives. Corpses rotten to a point where they're still visable but just on the verge of becoming unknown gives zero matter to the cloner. This means
A) The body's are identifiable and while it will be seen as a bit of a waste of a good body just to shove it into the reclaimer for nothing, it can be given to the chaplain for a proper space funeral. Something for the chaplain to do I guess.
B) Preserving the body becomes vital. I'd say add a few more bottles of that stuff I forget the name of in the morgue.

My second idea would involve the janitor.
Tteckk Wrote:Rotting bodies don't really cause Disease but do cause miasma, which can make you feel sick and vomit. That and rats coming out to feed on the body.
Why not add code where if a body is left rotten for too long, space mice and cockroaches starts spawning near it? Nothing too major, like 4 cockroaches and 3 mice max. This would give:
A) The appearance of mice and cockroaches around an area would indicate if a body's around.
B) It gives something for the janitor to do, stomping the shit outta cockroaches and using those mousetraps to kill those mice.

I also love the smell idea.
The Chaplain could perform a prayer to delay the decomposing cycle, hence giving more time for cloning. Let's face it, the Chaplin does fuck all.

Saw this in an article, would be awesome to incorporate this.

Quote:STAGES OF DECAY
Initial decay (Known as 'autolysis') - externally the corpse looks okay, but internally the organs are breaking down.
Putrefaction - after approximately two-three days bacteria are active and the body is swollen with gases and accompanying odours.
Black Putrefaction - Skin starts to turn black and the corpse collapses as gases escape.
Fermentation - Very strong odours with some surface mould but the body has begun to dry out.
Dry Decay - The cadaver has for the most part dried out and the rate of decay has slowed considerably.
If a traitor is unaffected by dead bodies, they just have to be creative to not get caught.

E.g grab a white jumpsuit and a labcoat. Maybe a medkit to really sell it.

Most people don't care to check ID's so if you can sell being a doctor, most people won't suspect anything.

Security officers probably shouldn't be affected either. Perhaps vice officers should because it would be funny.
Sundance Wrote:I'd say add a few more bottles of that stuff I forget the name of in the morgue.

It's literally in the post right above yours. Do you even read the threads before you post in them? v
i don't see how much use this has besides m-muh rp...
Here's a thought, if traitors are effected by dead bodies why not add a drug to counteract the effects of the dead body smell (and increase the likelyhood that someone fingers you as a changeling)

Make a special traitor medkit with all the things they'd need to kill someone and get away with it. e.g Acid to destroy the corpse and really hurt living people, drug to counter act dead body smell, etc.
Make the HoS vomit and pass out whenever he sees blood so he can just hide in his room whenever someone screams about murder.

"Well I'll go check the body but the Janitor needs to clean the area thoroughly before I do any detective work. "
More pointless but funny stuff. The chef needs to drool when ever he see's a dead body.
Rob Stark Wrote:The Chaplain could perform a prayer to delay the decomposing cycle, hence giving more time for cloning. Let's face it, the Chaplin does fuck all.

Saw this in an article, would be awesome to incorporate this.

Quote:STAGES OF DECAY
Initial decay (Known as 'autolysis') - externally the corpse looks okay, but internally the organs are breaking down.
Putrefaction - after approximately two-three days bacteria are active and the body is swollen with gases and accompanying odours.
Black Putrefaction - Skin starts to turn black and the corpse collapses as gases escape.
Fermentation - Very strong odours with some surface mould but the body has begun to dry out.
Dry Decay - The cadaver has for the most part dried out and the rate of decay has slowed considerably.
that's already kind of implemented

i mean it goes "dead, bloated and smelly, skin rotting and falling off, spooky skeleton"