Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chem Suggestions and Suggested Changes
(04-29-2022, 11:41 AM)TheMightyAltroll Wrote:
(04-29-2022, 09:52 AM)Washbasin Wrote:
(04-14-2022, 10:59 AM)DioChasek Wrote: Ethylene glycol actually is the one thing that sticks out on the list as a fantastic chem to counter cryo pill nerds. With some tweaks it may be viable the others I don’t feel as strongly about not that they are bad necessarily just not the shining star that antifreeze is.

I agree, Antifreeze sounds the most functionally unique, and provides a counter to a pre-existing problem. Though I doubt the viability of its use; Were I attempting a murder, I would likely go for a catch-all deathchem like cyanide, sarin, or neurotoxin over the quite specific functions of antifreeze.

It would likely be underutilised were it introduced.

You could use it to sabotage cryo healers, you could also use it alongside a medicine to deal with space or ice moon's cold without needing a suit.
That is true, you could sabotage cryo pods with antifreeze, but it still wouldn't be significantly more effective than other methods.

First of all the chem mix in cryo pods can be easily checked, if the mix is poisoned, people will know and replace the cryoxadone. Any poisons will be found out reasonably quickly.

Moreover, if you were going to poison the cryo healers, you would be working off the knowledge that your poisons would be quickly discovered. 

You would likely remove the cryoxadone reagent from the healer entirely beforehand, to improve the effectiveness of your deathchems.

Then if you remove the cryoxadone beforehand, there is no point in using a chem specifically designed to counter cryoxadone, it wouldn't make sense.

If you are just trying to slow down the healing of cryo pods, you can already disconnect the o2 canister that provides both pods with oxygen. Alternatively you can steal the canister entirely to sabotage the pods for a majority of the shift.

If you are trying to completely nullify the cryo pods over simply slowing them down, you just change the temperature settings of the air cooler.

Antifreeze would be very very niche and very challenging to use effectively.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chem Suggestions and Suggested Changes - by Washbasin - 04-30-2022, 12:10 AM