Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ghost utilities.
I think it would be a good idea to let ghosts scan for reagents, health and atmosphere (and any other types I'm forgetting) somehow. I often look at some weird food or chemical and wish I could know what was in it, or wish I could see what was happening to the guy looking in a complete state on the floor.

The only issue I can think of for this is powergaming, but in that case you could have it only be available to ghosts with DNR on.
If you could do this after setting DNR similar to viewing AI laws that would make sense to me
The dnr restriction could make it work. The only two waye it could be abused would be a dual pc setup which the auto banner should pick up, or a outside communication with another player. Both scenarios seem fringe enough to not be an issue for such a relatively minor piece of info that could probably be found out more quickly with a health scanner in game.
iirc ghosts used to be able to see the contents of reagent containers but that was removed when ghosts started stalking nerd chemists to learn secret chem recipes.
With how secret chems are now, if they want to stalk people to learn secret chems who cares. Though ghosts can already see peoples health through one of the commands.
Yeah secret chems are largely an open secret for the most part save a few select new ones.
If/when new secret chems are developed, it would suck for those trying to find/use it legitimately when a ghost could just watch them do it and get the full recipie.
It would also be nice to see engineering stuff after you die like the gas pump settings and stuff like the TEG screen too.