Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
People with syndicate hats should be valid for silicons, regardless of laws
Let the AI and borgs join in on the validhunting.
While the point of the hat is giving everyone the hint: "THIS IS A SYNDICATE MEMBER WITHOUT TOOLS"

Syndicate members are still CONFIRMED HUMANS and AI's and BORGS technically may not hurt em at all!
So even if it's valid. They can only deny access.. but not harm em. Even on classic wink
Yes, that's why I'm suggesting they not be.
You could always change the ai laws to something like,” Any entity possessing Syndicate Equipment is considered non-human.”
valid hunting should be frowned upon, not encouraged. Its cringe and most people agree
If you didn't want to be violently murdered, you wouldn't have worn the hat that declares that everyone can violently murder you.
By wearing the syndicate hat, you should be prepared to be running from a mob of vicious people who want your hat, inluding silicons
(04-12-2022, 03:45 AM)Jakson Wrote: By wearing the syndicate hat, you should be prepared to be running from a mob of vicious people who want your hat, inluding silicons

Pretty much this. Wearing the hat is litterly ment to be:
"I am an antag LOOK AT ME! But I have no other tools!"

It's the same as spawning a red command suit and wearing it.
Ok I can destroy this with one easy example of why this is a bad idea. Syndicate buys the hat doesn’t put it on himself but someone else.
I think allowing the silicons to do things that are against their laws under special circumstances is usually a bad idea.
(excepting obvious cases like where a soon-to-be-banned person makes laws telling silicons to break things like language rules)
Silicons should only stick to their laws. Nothing more. No special exceptions
(04-12-2022, 07:22 AM)DioChasek Wrote: Ok I can destroy this with one easy example of why this is a bad idea. Syndicate buys the hat doesn’t put it on himself but someone else.
And under our current rules any human player could murder the shit out of said someone else anyways.
Giving the AI and borgs a reason to murder outside of laws is never a good thing.
They can already murder lings and vamps if they see them. I think they can murder kudzu people too cause those don't count as human.
Don't need to give them more reason to chase someone down or bolt someone into a room to murder.
when someone puts on a syndicate hat it immediately uploads a law nonhumaning them
Thing is syndicate hats randomly change your name, and it would keep you nonhuman after the hat was removed.