Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
People with syndicate hats should be valid for silicons, regardless of laws
(04-12-2022, 12:24 PM)Mouse Wrote:
(04-12-2022, 07:22 AM)DioChasek Wrote: Ok I can destroy this with one easy example of why this is a bad idea. Syndicate buys the hat doesn’t put it on himself but someone else.
And under our current rules any human player could murder the shit out of said someone else anyways.

Proving the point that the very idea of valid hunting is stupid as hell.
(04-12-2022, 02:32 PM)DioChasek Wrote: Proving the point that the very idea of valid hunting is stupid as hell.

I mean no you take the hat you're calling people out to fight you. that's its purpose
(04-12-2022, 02:32 PM)DioChasek Wrote:
(04-12-2022, 12:24 PM)Mouse Wrote:
(04-12-2022, 07:22 AM)DioChasek Wrote: Ok I can destroy this with one easy example of why this is a bad idea. Syndicate buys the hat doesn’t put it on himself but someone else.
And under our current rules any human player could murder the shit out of said someone else anyways.

Proving the point that the very idea of valid hunting is stupid as hell.

The syndicate hat isn't valid hunting. YOU CHOOSE the hat. YOU put it on. YOU are ready for everyone to come after the hat. Putting on the syndie hat is calling everyone to come after you. Its a flex item. You are saying to the crew, "Come get me nerds, I'm ready to fight you all."
Its not valid hunting to go after someone because they are taunting you.
I think that exceptions to rules like this to where all human antags regardless of gear are human except this one case will just lead to confusion and bitterness in players.
People seem to be missing the part of buying the syndicate hat and then putting it on someone else.
I mean you can spend 3 TC to get a guaranteed kill that takes less time so I'm not sure what the problem there is.
Just pointing out that valid hunting someone who isn’t valid can be done and shows the inherent flaw in the valid hunting mindset.
If you're wearing a syndicate hat you're valid, even if someone else put it on you, much like cluwnes are.
Yes I get that. Doesn’t mean that the whole valid hunting mindset isn’t inherently toxic but I can see I am wasting my time on that front. If that is what you find fun more power to you.
Irregardless exceptions to silicon laws are more trouble than they are worth. If you really wanna let the robobuddies loose take some time and reprogram them to do so.
(04-12-2022, 04:24 PM)DioChasek Wrote: People seem to be missing the part of buying the syndicate hat and then putting it on someone else.

take it off and toss it on the floor

if thats not possible and they managed to force it on you thats kinda sick
You can manage it pretty easy with a good stun and even easier using crime to put it on their head. And at that point the vid hunters flock to the”valid” target.
And that is just part of the game. The traitor used a traitor tool to take someone out. Its like when a traitor rogues the AI and borgs and then people start killing the borgs.