Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Some cargo items could come in frame form, with a solder
I'm specifically referring to botany trays, janitor buckets and meteor shields here, as once those are opened you can't really put them back, and new players and nosy people alike will just open the box to see what's inside.

Meteor shields maybe not, considering those are usually a time sensitive thing.
Agreed. I still wasn't sure how to fix this....
I have wasted so much time deploying meteor shields, cause someone opened em on accident on was curious.

Mistakes of opening boxes causes clogs in QM as well.
Alternate ideas I just considered:

Have them come in parts you assemble in-hand like tables. Would require Sprite work unfortunately.

Don't include the solder? Might be mildly amusing but likely ultimately annoying considering players may not know how to "use" the item.
(04-11-2022, 08:54 AM)Cal Wrote: Alternate ideas I just considered:

Have them come in parts you assemble in-hand like tables. Would require Sprite work unfortunately.

Don't include the solder? Might be mildly amusing but likely ultimately annoying considering players may not know how to "use" the item.

That or locking the crates for the "RIGHT" department to open them.
That way nosey staff assistants cant open em... but that's not a good fix either.

Other suggestion: Only openable by scanning an ID to the crate. Any ID will do.

But you got a good thing going here.
I don't think adding more access restrictions is really necessary. More often than not it's someone just checking which crates have which things and then forgetting that the crates now can't be closed and having to deal with a million giant trays.
Either soldering or broken down versions of those aggravating items would probably be the way to go. No need to card lock everything because it then would make things even more of a hassle.
make the animal import kits come as frames

solder that space pig

i don't care that it doesn't make sense
(04-11-2022, 02:42 PM)Mouse Wrote: make the animal import kits come as frames

solder that space pig

Yeah solder all the things!
(04-11-2022, 02:42 PM)Mouse Wrote: make the animal import kits come as frames

solder that space pig

Bio capsules.. we got those remember? Why not with import just give a bio capsule set insted?
Just add water!