Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.33 Average
Revert the Welding Nerf
I personally think the entire welding nerf was unnecessary for an issue that rarely showed up, and now it discourages quick thinking using lockers and crates to trap someone in. There's nothing more funny then slipping someone into a crate, and then welding them in, now that makes it impossible, and it was my go-to strategy for using the trash compactor to kill people without having to grab stuns.
Nah I'm not a fan of the 0 second welds and almost no counterplay to that. Now there's counterplay.
(04-10-2022, 06:10 PM)Cal Wrote: Nah I'm not a fan of the 0 second welds and almost no counterplay to that. Now there's counterplay.

yea i kinda agree with cal on that
Ehhhh I'm conflicted.
On one hand, yeah there wasn't much counterplay to getting welded into a locker and spaced
On the other hand, this was one of the few effective strategies for killing someone that doesn't require stuns, and making combat even more reliant on stuns is the last thing we want to do
(04-10-2022, 05:50 PM)Jakson Wrote: There's nothing more funny then slipping someone into a crate, and then welding them in, now that makes it impossible
Impossible is a really poor term to use here, all this means now is that you need to actually put effort into bonking someone a bit longer before you weld them in. Stamina depletion is incredibly easy to achieve with some easy to find tools that barely anyone takes, and will down someone for long enough to weld them into the locker for your Daily Free Valid Kill.
It's worth giving something days/weeks to see how it pans out, like the law rack change.

When it comes to being trapped in lockers, they are a bit too robust for how fast it was to weld someone in. There's only a 33% chance of breaking out each flip and the weakest lockers are 3 flips.

Doors are a different subject although you still have a rapid screwdriver.
Fast-welding was always one of those techniques that was based on twitch reflexes and not really any game skill. The change is good and gives people warning a door is being welded before it happens, given anyone without tools is just out of luck if they get welded out.
Less ammo for twitchy nerds is good.
Let's not forget... you get welding wars.
I WANT IN!
YOU STAY OUT!
I WANT IN!
YOU STAY OUT!

It's not even fun...

You can try touching anything being welded does some heat damage. YOU ARE TOUCHING A DOOR OR LOCKER BEING WELDED! THATS GOTTA BE HOT!
That's my only suggestion, but alot of 0 sec stuff can be very uninteractable