Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let us fish in more stuff
Fishing is fun, but there's not a lot of things you can fish in.  Here are some ideas, along with ideas for what you could find.

Toilets: space mice, space sewer alligators, whatever got flushed down the toilet that round
(filled) Bathtubs: rubber ducks, sponges, hairballs, the plug for the drain (which, of course, empties the bathtub)
Drains: balloons, severed arms, clown masks
Pool tiles: floaties, inner tubes, etc
Void tiles: void critters
Trench tiles: deep sea fish, oxygen tanks (you feel a bit guilty about those)
Those abyss tiles in the Ice Moon: probably ice moon monsters i dunno i don't go there
Clowns: organs
This is a good idea!
I see one you missed. The singulo.
What would come out of the singulo tho?
loaves
Ultracondensed material perhaps if we wanted something serious. For goofy hmm nega-clowns.
Yeah fishing is very underused because unless you are in Oshan you can't really fish anywhere.
(04-08-2022, 12:46 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Yeah fishing is very underused because unless you are in Oshan you can't really fish anywhere.

Unless the fishing portal is out... and you do need to fish to get certain ingridents for certain chickens.

In my opinion, fishing is an excellent way to killing time as a rancher for waiting for those dang chickens to grow adult and lay eggs.
As I posted on another topic. To manage RNG abit more and make the rancher less about waiting.. I recommend similiar tools to botany.

Anyhow... Yea we need more reasons to fish. Since even I only fished once as a rancher on Oshan.
(04-08-2022, 12:34 PM)DioChasek Wrote: Ultracondensed material perhaps if we wanted something serious. For goofy hmm nega-clowns.

Ultra rare chance to cause random antag event spawn, calls forth the Nega Clown from the singulo. Not a Clown, Not a Cluwne... worse.
I mean we've got Omniclowns in the code somewhere.
Another idea: the stuff you can fish out of the pool could be (in part) determined by what chems are in it.