Echo Five HoS application(yes, again)
Usual character name: Echo Five(For posterities sake I used to play Myth Mcmullen and Xavier Mcmullen as well, although I stopped playing those characters quite some time ago)
BYOND username: Drewmajor11
Discord username (if you are on our discord): EchoFive#3116
Recommended by (if applicable): Tavish Finnegan(Some other people, vaguely, others were normal players though who I don't think I can put in this field.)
Goon servers you play: Goon 1, occasionally 2.

Reason for application:
I’ve been HoS in the past, I was removed for good reason. I think at this point I’ve left behind the behavior that made me as problematic as I was and I’ve had a few people tell me I should reapply.

Security experience (300 word minimum):
I’ve played security a lot over the 2 or so years I’ve played, I’ve gone through periods of maining security and periods of not playing it at all. A lot of my experience comes from when I was HoS in the past as I’ve had to be in a leadership role before. Now I don’t play as much as I used to but I still play security a fair bit. I think I still have the experience to lead security and play it well although I could understand this being doubted due to my past faults. A large amount of what I've played is detective and security officer as well as the aforementioned HoS. I've played enough time to understand the facets of security and the nuance of punishment and security on main. Admittedly after I lost HoS I didn't play security for a while on main but I've returned back to playing it more and I think I still understand the role enough. I try not to play just to "win" or beat the antags anymore but more to keep the station in check to what degree I can. A large amount of my experience I've spent trying to stop others from doing things too drastic or trying to teach new security as well as I can. Security on main can be stressful and quite frustrating but I think I've played long enough to roll with the blows. At this point it's getting kind of hard to write this without repeating myself and past applications as most of what has changed is how I treat security. I've played multiple hundred hours of security at this time and I think that I'm able to play HoS competently again. I understand that people will probably be skeptical of this application as I've had issues in the past but I think I've tried my best to stop those behaviors and gain more experience in security once again(This was not intentionally meant to be written like an essay I've spent too long writing English essays)

Answer two or more of the following:
What advice would you give to other sec players?
The advice I’d give to new players, try to play as fair as you can even if others don’t agree with you. While the masses may be calling for the death of an antagonist solely for existing, disagreeing and bridging them instead for example could make another player’s round a lot more fun.

What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
While this opinion might be a bit controversial especially currently, I think reducing the number of security slots back down a bit could be helpful. It’s hard to keep tabs on the amount of security we have currently and quality tends to go down with quantity. I’ve seen this lead to more infighting than actual crime fighting and I think reducing security slots could go a way to help this. Although I wouldn’t say I have my heart set on this solution and I’d be entirely open to a better idea coming along

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
I am terrible at poetry and drawing, I believe it would be cruel to subject people to anything written or drawn by me.
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
At this point I'm honestly not sure, I know I've had a good few admittedly. I know I've been RP banned once I believe and banned on all servers a few more times for a few other things, I think the last one was back in July of 2021 but I'm not sure. If an admin wants to pull my bans that's fine with me as I'm entirely open to being honest if I had the knowledge.

Ah and I forgot to include this in the original post, I've also commented on a few applications in this cycle. Last I remember that was fine as long as it was before I posted? I apologize if I wasn't meant to as I didn't plan to be posting an application this cycle until a few people encouraged me to.
i think echo is ready to wear the red beret again, the times i have seen him on sec he is has really doing well and understands to treat antags fairly and he has dealt with bad security officers from time to time, he also has always helped when i needed backup or on internal security matters so i think echo has gain the chance to be a HOS again and he has learned from his past mistakes

+1
For sure has earned back hos, I don't know what caused him to lose it but i have zero issues with him wearing the big boots
Have personally not seen you as sec once, so i cant give a fair judgement either way. I need to see you properly behaving AS SECURITY before I give a judgement call.
(04-08-2022, 03:17 PM)Cal Wrote: Have personally not seen you as sec once, so i cant give a fair judgement either way. I need to see you properly behaving AS SECURITY before I give a judgement call.

I do play security quite a bit on 1 but I've only seen you a few times so I'd guess it's just a time that I play thing?
I know Echo has the qualities to be a HoS player, they had it before they can do it again. I just sadly have only seen a few Security rounds from them lately, so its not much to judge on. Good rounds from what I saw, but times don't line up for me to be on to see them a lot.

Honestly this all boils down to, has the behavior they showed to get their HoS status removed beforehand changed since then? If yes, then yes +1. I think they are a good player though, so I don't see much against it. Just wish I saw them on more often.
I havn’t seen them play much sec, but i did have a round with them when i was playing sec where (as a non-antag) they removed my helmet in a rage cage and almost got my face ripped off. I know it was probably just a joke but… i lost 2 pieces of gear to rampaging civilians. They weren’t sec that round by the way, just saying.
(04-17-2022, 05:56 PM)Reaper90202 Wrote: I havn’t seen them play much sec, but i did have a round with them when i was playing sec where (as a non-antag) they removed my helmet in a rage cage and almost got my face ripped off. I know it was probably just a joke but… i lost 2 pieces of gear to rampaging civilians. They weren’t sec that round by the way, just saying.

While not the best place to explain this I would like to provide the context just cause I felt bad never explaining this, what happened here is just that I got confused about what was going on, people kept yelling it was free for all, and I joined the fight and pinned you. If I remember right I started removing the helmet by accident then got called away and had to run off to do something while still a bit confused and thought I unpinned you before I left but apparently didn't. Genuinely sorry about that, a series of confusion and unfortunate events.
imo if its a ragecage its a ragecage. Being in a ragecage is on you. If you lose your armor, thats fair game. Anyways

Echo/Myth Mcmullen has come a long way these last 6 months. Theyre active in many communities, not just goonstation from what I can tell, and theyve genuinly not been shit. +1
I’ve seen some good round with him as sec now, +1.
Echo is a relaxed player, obviously I don't know what made them lose HoS but from what I can tell, they're behaving and taking leadership when needing to. I see no reason to not give them the beret. +1
We appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to the events that led up to removing you from the HoS whitelist. We don't take those decisions lightly and we'll need a lot more time before we consider you for HoS again. You're welcome to reapply in 180 days, which would be November 4. In the meantime, I'd encourage you to keep sec officering!