Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Make ntso spacesuit no longer the default clothing for ntso
I think you are severely overthinking the design of a cool armor vest and working around the obvious conclusion.

(04-08-2022, 02:04 AM)Ikea Wrote: there is a reason why ntso gets an above average amount of complaints about validhunting compared to hos, because currently the roles look signals to everyone that it is that.

No, the people playing them do.

The obvious conclusion is that people that play the role validhunt. And that's fine, sometimes. Traitors ARE valid. But also being trusted by the community to play that role should temper you into playing it a little bit more nicely to obviously newer antagonists.

I mean a helmets a helmet. Security officers wear a helmet that covers their eyes and an armored vest, along with a bright red uniform with a description implying security officers beat people bloody.

You think they're aggressive and shouldn't be talked to as well?
While yes people who play the role can validhunt, thats not answering the question, the question is that why do they engage in these behavior, and why are they percieved this way. HoSii are objectively more played then ntso, and by the same people, and yet they get far less complaints about this behavior. Its clear that something is causing a shift in how people play as ntso and/or percieve ntso. So what is it

Is it the weapons that causes this shift? Well hos have better lethals, and there primary weapon just looks more militaristic even compared to ntsos literal gun, and again the complaints and shit are less for them, so i dont think its that. Is it how the job is framed? I think thats a large part of it, hos is framed as a leading command whereas ntso is framed around self reliance, as well as there job name not really speaking security manager. However i dont think thats the only way this job gets framed.

The annoying thing is the reason for this shift in behavior is largely due to subconcious shit. No one goes “ntso scary! They validhunter!” Just because they see a spacesuit, nor do hosii (i hope) go “this spacesuit looks cool time to validhunt”. The thing is though, just because you didnt notice didnt mean your brain didnt notice. This makes things really tricky and messy because its subjective for everyone, and also a blackbox process.

The thing is while security does have some militaristic theming, its moreso a sci fi star trek esc kind of theming. Real cops dont run around in red jumpsuits. For ntso, the military aspect is ramped up to 100. Humans like faces, theyre comforting and human, for ntso its completely blocked. Not only that, but the design just reeks of military. While of course, no one actively gets intimidated by a spacesuit design in a space game and shit, it does effect subconcious perception. Instead of being frames as a simple corporate security officer doing theyre job, theyre now framed as a militaristic operative stripped of humanity. So it shouldnt be a suprise that people play ntso like that.
I personally would like to see the NTSO face when they're out and about. I agree with Ikea that they feel like a stormtrooper extra, rather than a unique person.
(04-08-2022, 07:08 AM)Ikea Wrote: The thing is while security does have some militaristic theming, its moreso a sci fi star trek esc kind of theming. Real cops dont run around in red jumpsuits. For ntso, the military aspect is ramped up to 100. Humans like faces, theyre comforting and human, for ntso its completely blocked. Not only that, but the design just reeks of military. While of course, no one actively gets intimidated by a spacesuit design in a space game and shit, it does effect subconcious perception. Instead of being frames as a simple corporate security officer doing theyre job, theyre now framed as a militaristic operative stripped of humanity. So it shouldnt be a suprise that people play ntso like that.

Trust me when I say that the validhunting happens in both roles, people just care less when the HoS does it.
I wonder why they care less.
(04-08-2022, 03:41 PM)Leeanei Wrote:
(04-08-2022, 07:08 AM)Ikea Wrote: The thing is while security does have some militaristic theming, its moreso a sci fi star trek esc kind of theming. Real cops dont run around in red jumpsuits. For ntso, the military aspect is ramped up to 100. Humans like faces, theyre comforting and human, for ntso its completely blocked. Not only that, but the design just reeks of military. While of course, no one actively gets intimidated by a spacesuit design in a space game and shit, it does effect subconcious perception. Instead of being frames as a simple corporate security officer doing theyre job, theyre now framed as a militaristic operative stripped of humanity. So it shouldnt be a suprise that people play ntso like that.

Trust me when I say that the validhunting happens in both roles, people just care less when the HoS does it.

Sounds like an HoS purge is in order then. Remove the valid hunters.
(04-08-2022, 12:23 PM)Rmeaper Wrote: I personally would like to see the NTSO face when they're out and about. I agree with Ikea that they feel like a stormtrooper extra, rather than a unique person.

Other servers have RP and wearing a mask is a huge flag. You'll literally get security chasing you down hollering MASK OFF if you have one on so that they can identify you.

Theres this big argument in this thread that the NTSO is spooky because you can't see their face when literally every sec officer has a SWAT mask on while on Main, like what the hell? lol. And if not the swat mask, the Style 4 helmet with the full tactical visor on it. Yep... normal security isn't spooky, just the NTSO is scary, uh huh....
You know things can invoke things to different extents right? blocking face alone isnt what does it, its doing it in a hyper militant spacesuit instead of a goofy gas mask.
(04-08-2022, 03:44 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Sounds like an HoS purge is in order then. Remove the valid hunters.

yes
dewhitelist validhunting players
Friendly reminder that if you believe a hos/ntso is doing behavior unfitting for a hos/ntso please ahelp them.
(04-08-2022, 05:53 PM)Ikea Wrote: Friendly reminder that if you believe a hos/ntso is doing behavior unfitting for a hos/ntso please ahelp them.

This is the actual solution.