Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.29 Average
Nerf/Tone down security somewhat
“Any amount of sec on RP is fine”

When you choose to attempt to Roleplay with multiple people who you do not know as an antag, sec can be a constant threat that you have to watch out for an account for. Like if you RP with exclusively your friends as antag, you will face minor minor issues from sec because it doesn’t include them. But when you are not picking and choosing who you RP with outside of the fact of choosing to initiate with people that respond to your RP, then sec is a major issue.

When you are trying to do anything in maints as an antag, and there are 11 sec and you’re one of two antags, you will not have time to do any crime because the constant amount of surveillance everywhere on station because there is 0 chaos for sec to contend with.

Again, this goes into larger issues of sec on RP, and how antags interact with the crew/sec/their friends but I genuinely believe there is a major issue that shouldn’t be discounted. 11 sec isn’t fun for anyone, sec gets bored so they just patrol/get overly aggressive, antags can’t do crime because sec is everywhere so they either give up or just stay silent until the very end, and the crew gets 0 antag interaction until the end. That’s how it goes. Even if there are two other antags, each occupying 1 sec officer, if you’re on a lower pop (less chaos) and they press that button, with a full sec team, 8-9 people can still show up, and often people drop everything to run to alerts.
This is purely an issue with RP being afraid of consequences. Sometimes you get caught and either cleverly rp your way out of it or accept punishment. It happens.

You can lure people to the space diner to lower the chances of Security interrupting your murder. Most people will gladly come on over for the dramatic aspect.
Antags should be fine with losing, but so should security. Antags should get defeated and or killed, but so should security officers. We shouldnt just go “well sucks for the antags” when without serious powergaming or classic strategies they just cant win, while security officers can win without even really trying. To expect antags to be able to expect consequences against there own intents, but enable security officers to basically never get any consequences for there actions without trying to is just bad for roleplay as a whole.
The roleplay argument should be a different thread, honestly.
(04-05-2022, 10:52 PM)Yellow Wrote: When you are trying to do anything in maints as an antag, and there are 11 sec and you’re one of two antags, you will not have time to do any crime because the constant amount of surveillance everywhere on station because there is 0 chaos for sec to contend with.

You guys actively hated it when we had higher antag caps on RP, so we cut them down to bring the rounds in line. Now people are RPing more, provably, we are getting less problems with self-antags on RP and so it is quite obvious that adjusting the sec-to-antag ratio on RP functioned to cut back on rulebreaking and improve RP.

Keep in mind I can honest to goodness see ahelps and I observe quite a lot of rounds. Yes, things are slower now. But that's more a choice of antagonists than Security, I've seen plenty of rounds where antagonists were active all round but only RP'd with the handful of people they selected to murder, much like on Classic.
I think the thing that mattered there the most was not the sec to antag ratio and instead the antag to crew ratio (considering that was the thing that that change actually changed), which while theres a correlation of the two, have different impacts and all that. While i think targetting individual non sec people is good, when that person can speak on comms once to speak to a massive swarm of attentive sec offs it can really hamper with that roleplay.