- Wearing barber clothes
- The person getting their hair cut (barbee?) being buckled to a barber chair
- Being in the barber shop
Now for the Bad Ones:
These give a 20% penalty:
- Being jittery
- The person who's hair you're cutting being jittery
- Barber being clumsy (i.e. clown)
And finally, cutting your own hair gives a 30% penalty.

All these Barber Effects are added up, clamped between 10% and 100% (so you can't have a lower than 10% or higher than 100% chance to succeed), and then that probability is rolled- e.g. if I'm a barber wearing barber clothes cutting a random person's hair outside the barber shop, and neither of us are jittery, I have a 60% + 30% = 90% chance of success.

If you succeed, you Cut Hair Right.
If you fail, there's a 50-50 chance between Minor Failure (you cut the hair into a different style) and Major Failure, which is ANOTHER 50-50 between Oops All Wig and Oops No Hair; meaning each of the Really Bad outcomes has a 25% chance of rolling.

Hoo, that was long. Lot of weird compounded probability. Maybe we should put this in a book in game?
Anyways, agreed that the barbery conditions are pretty arcane; I don't see any particular reason why just being in a barber shop should give you a 30% bonus. Plus the failure conditions are 100% random- it doesn't matter if you failed with a 10% chance to succeed or a 90% chance, either way you have the same odds to completely fuck up their scalp.

I wouldn't mind going through and rebalancing the conditions a bit, and making the failures worse if you're a shittier barber and less bad otherwise. Will put on the to-do list.

Messages In This Thread
Hairdressing is hard, because RNG. - by Washbasin - 04-04-2022, 03:34 PM
RE: Hairdressing is hard, because RNG. - by aloe - 04-04-2022, 04:55 PM
RE: Hairdressing is hard, because RNG. - by Cal - 04-04-2022, 05:53 PM
RE: Hairdressing is hard, because RNG. - by aloe - 04-14-2022, 10:48 PM