Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CLOSED PR] Remove the Loafer
Thumbs Down 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[QoL]

About the PR

Removes the loafer. Keeps the loaves.
Loafer type now spawns a replacement pipe segment and deletes itself in case there
are loafers in the secret module somewhere

Why's this needed?

Loafer is a terrible (#958) stupid (#6970) dumb pipe that does nothing but cause lag and encourage
spessmen to (#6898) lag the (#7024) shit out of the server. It got me banned and now I'm seeking
vengance.

Out of Context Testimonials

[Image: 161266933-6cd27bbd-ddfd-4a13-8b99-dc889d37c687.png]
[Image: 161266996-2b5bd5be-cf40-4cd3-b51f-f44709747bb9.png]
[Image: 161267176-db7c4a45-c43a-4711-8d7e-c8cb45aaf88c.png]

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)Stonepillar
(*)Removed the loafer.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
I think this is a great PR and I am all for this. The loaf jokes were funny for a bit, but they have long since run their course, and this feature only incentivizes mechanics into building big lag machines instead of more interesting contraptions.

Loaves don't really serve any purpose, and the uses they do have are blatantly imbalanced or clunky, and also unintuitive for new players.

I believe that with this removal we could free up some more design space on maps, for instance for a pathology lab.
wow i forgot about the loafers, havent seen em used on a while now
as the date is currently April 1st 2022, yes i am in support of this change

when the clock strikes 12 and april 2nd begins, my vote upon this matter will become a resounding 'NO'. the scale of some pipe contraptions that people make just to perfectly compress loaves is a sight to behold, and the loafer's lag issues are almost entirely tied to the nugget mode (i would know, i accidentally discovered that the hard way)
I love making dumb loafs in the afterlife bar..

But in game it's barely used and yes get used for lag...

I still want it around for fun.. but.. maybe make it less laggy somehow?