Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
Suggestion: No ugly beards.
The new beard sprite change (in my opinion) is terrible, like every beard looks the same now, plus the majority of beards look like they are neckbeards now, and the mustaches don't complement the beards as nearly as well, e.g there is no mustache which currently looks even vaguely similar to what previous full beard looked like, and it makes me sad.

Suggestion: New mustache sprites, or revert the beard change.
Gonna be honest it kind of fucked up my An Unfrozen Caveman setup.  Really not a fan.
(03-31-2022, 04:17 AM)Mouse Wrote: Gonna be honest it kind of fucked up my An Unfrozen Caveman setup.  Really not a fan.

yeah it's absolute dogshit
asked admemes yesterday, is not the update actually but something merged that deleted a bunch of stuff by accident so it would prob be fixed soon
Why not have both?
(03-31-2022, 06:31 AM)Lucky.Cobra Wrote: asked admemes yesterday, is not the update actually but something merged that deleted a bunch of stuff by accident so it would prob be fixed soon

That was fixed before the thread was made.  This is about the beards themselves.
yeah, update really fucked up my characters look too. maybe add the new beards under different names or somthing?
(03-31-2022, 07:08 AM)Mouse Wrote:
(03-31-2022, 06:31 AM)Lucky.Cobra Wrote: asked admemes yesterday, is not the update actually but something merged that deleted a bunch of stuff by accident so it would prob be fixed soon

That was fixed before the thread was made.  This is about the beards themselves.

oh fuck, welp hope i can remake my padlock beard style otherwise rip my beard
I don't think the new beards are bad but

(03-31-2022, 07:38 AM)jckrfc03 Wrote: maybe add the new beards under different names or somthing?

Yeah I had asked for this but I was told they didn't want to clutter up the hair selection list because there is already a very long list to sort through as is.
I don't really agree with that because I believe more choice is better but that's the reason I was given.
The beards were just shifted down a pixel, I think some of them (not all) could go with being shifted back up (relevant pr https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/7983)
New beard creator here, a lot of beards were also slightly changed texture wise and shape wise, not just shifted down a pixel. I don’t have much the energy to figure out a solution rn to have both beards in, but if you do, make sure that you change the old beards texture to be less flat

Also to add, I tried very hard figuring out how to make the mustaches work with the new beards but by the end I just gave up. If anyone can get a consistent example with a few of them, I’ll give it a shot.

Personally the best mustache in my opinion is motley as it doesn’t touch the eyes and hurts readability, but not all mustaches can do what motley does
Yeah, my face looks too long now, and it looks like my chin vanishes when wearing a space suit with no helmet. The beard update felt like change for the sake of change. Beards were fine before, now I look like a hipster
Klutz is no longer ugly. frown
(04-02-2022, 06:23 PM)Froggit_Dogget Wrote: Klutz is no longer ugly. frown
💀
lies! klutz is always ugly and smelly smh smh
I tried giving myself a few days to get used to it, but no, I really dislike this. Every beards look okay themselves, and could be a good addition, but replacing every existing beard is bad. Every one of them looks more clean, like your character is trimming his beard every day and it makes characters look like they have longer faces.

There's no connection between the mustache and the beard, which makes every beard look like a mustache and a chin beard. The mustache covering the mouth looks weird, it often looks like it is the mouth, especially on darker haired character.

I really don't see the problem with having the beard touch the eyes, as the character have no noses and it has better readability. Also, I think some of the new beards look more flat than the old ones.