Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion: Wraith Changes
So normally youll rarely see a wraith on the RP server, if you do, they kinda barely rp.
My idea is kinda bizzare, but I think it would kind of work.

The idea: Make wraiths application locked on RP, and buff their spawnrates to rare, but not horridly rare.

The application would help filter wraiths that actually RP, and the buff would give them a chance to do this.
The biggest problem with RP wraith is they can't get stronger without permanently roundremoving people
Give wraiths a way to gain power without killing people and instarotting their corpse would be a major step towards making wraiths more compatible with RP
Maybe also give wraiths a late-game pointsink ability besides revenant, since to use revenant they need a fresh corpse, which usually requires murdering someone.
We're not going to make wraith applications for RP servers. Wraith definitely needs changes I agree, but that is not a direction worth pursuing.
(03-30-2022, 07:09 PM)Lady Birb Wrote: The biggest problem with RP wraith is they can't get stronger without permanently roundremoving people

You can coax people into sacrificing monkies for you! I've done it for a wraith before coaxing me to protect me in exchange for being fed monkies.
Was about to say there are a few ways to get your corpses sans taking a player out but Cal was on top of it. That being said I would love to see wraiths on rp more often. And my stance on vacation wizards on rp is pretty well known. I just wanna hang by the pool with sunglasses and make friends if people hassle me.
Give wraith an ability that manifests them and causes them to start draining the health from a living target. While draining, the wraith heals and if it completes it counts as having drained the life from the target, as if they had used drain on a corpse. This gives the player a debuff (-20% HP like the cloner?) and gives the wraith their +2 point regen. Debate on if wraith can continue to soul drain a target in this fashion, and how much damage it would do each drain and cooldown.

Bonus, full draining a player in this fashion until they hit -100% HP via debuffs, not -100% HP from damage, kills the player and causes them to become a poltergeist.
I hate how I never got to play wraith... I have some ideas to try RP with it. But without playing one before.. it's gonna be hard what works or not.

But I do know Wraiths are those who can get out of hand really quick... especially if a poltergeist has a killing boner...
I think all of this feedback is perfect! I agree that applocking wraith is a bit drastic, however changing up some of its moves to make it more rp compatible, like how ling is, is a great idea!

I really hope wraith gets the love it deserves on RP, since its a really cool idea for it.
Wraith can be excellent for RP if the wraith player and crew both show a bit of restraint. You've got abilities like writing spooky messages and flicking of lights, etc.

If anything, I'd like to see more haunting abilities or ways to communicate with the crew, such as messaging them on PDAs, talking to them through the phones, ouija boards, maybe even temporary possessions where you can take hold a person and speak through them.
temporary possession would be EXCELLENT on rp, it could be a really good way to escalate things while also solving the big "am I going to get banned for not technically being a mindslave" issue wraith rounds have currently
(04-01-2022, 08:36 PM)Waffleloffle Wrote: temporary possession would be EXCELLENT on rp, it could be a really good way to escalate things while also solving the big "am I going to get banned for not technically being a mindslave" issue wraith rounds have currently

Counterpoint: it's basically a free mindslave implant or tool to make people look worse by randomly griefing as them unless you make it stupid obvious and at that point noone outside of RP will give a damn, the game is usually made with classic in mind first and if it's what Frank proposed even RP players might not care.

Oh and wraith sucks in so many ways. It is one of the most unfun antags to play against. It: summons more antags on a mode not focused on it, has ONE counter and it's a weak counter at that, it's stupid annoying to fight and they're semi good at combat it's futile and it's either a rampage round or the most boring thing out there and forces everyone on the station to try and do something against it by spamming salt but like I already said salt is a bad counter.
Yeah, stupid obvious. Like float up in the air and glow blue and spooky text obvious.
Man, if only I knew how to code, Someone should get on this.