Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
macros gone rip
so macros have been removed, pls a minute of silence for the funneh early booms  it's okay, he'll be up again before you know it

but tbh this is prob for the best since macros are mostly used as early round killers on classic and could really mess rounds on the RP servers
You can still implant 12 micros, good change.
Real sad i'll never get a clowncar + macrobomb surplus again.. Oh well
I mean yeah you CAN get 12 micros but the reason macros were even added is so you didn't have to. Don't really see the reason to remove macros if you can already still do the same thing it's just more annoying. Adding annoyance to the game is never a plus.
Just gonna toss this out here, at most this buys the crew a minute more of game time before a macrobomb sized explosion goes off with 12 microbombs instead. Not really seeing the purpose in pulling the macrobomb since the end result is likely to be the same.

Basically if you are going to pull the macro you should probably pull the micro too, of course that leads us to why even have traitor gear or weapons or..... Anyway enough rambling.
(03-30-2022, 12:18 PM)Froggit_Dogget Wrote: Real sad i'll never get a clowncar + macrobomb surplus again.. Oh well

If my sarcasm wasnt clear this is a good thing
Clown car should explode when it gets full anyway IN MY OPINION
(03-30-2022, 03:33 PM)DioChasek Wrote: Just gonna toss this out here, at most this buys the crew a minute more of game time before a macrobomb sized explosion goes off with 12 microbombs instead. Not really seeing the purpose in pulling the macrobomb since the end result is likely to be the same.

forces people to second-think "Wait, do I REALLY want to do this...??" especially on RP.
Macrobombers were always a problem on RP, cause mostly in the 1st 5 mins.. when most people are barely ready to go full on RP.
BOOM! MEDBAY BLOWN UP! NO CLONER!

Most are so off balance they rather reset the round then to fix medbay up and buy a new cloner wich they don't have a budget for.

Also it means the antag died and killing like 2-3 crewmates that might be caught. So overall...people are then unwilling to do a shift since medbay is mostly gone.
This also takes out Genecists, robotics, sometimes part of another section.

Even if they hit other sections it mostly ruins RP right away...Even if you kill of command... people will ask the AI to do it. No AI? They will break into command to extract.

While all of these can be FUN SCENERIOS in general. The fact people just wanted to do a gimmick but a BIG BOOM WENT OFF, ruined the taste of the round.
Most of the reasons I see for removing macrobomb seem to involve RP.
I agree remove them from RP but if an antag wishes to sent THEIR antag round on a macrobomb then they should be able to and not have to click 12 times(well more like 48 times because you have to click the pda button 12 times, then click each implant once to pick up again to implant and again to drop the implant) just to do a big boom.
Also this doesn't really effect me because I don't buy macrobombs and I don't think I ever did but I don't like when something that was added to reduce annoyance gets removed just to bring back the previous annoyance.
[Image: EgsNL3IWkAYrv5r.png]
I really don't get this change at all. I can see removing it from the RP servers, but I mean the same effect can be accomplished in basically the same amount of time with 12 micros, anyway. For the non-RP servers it's jut adding more frustration for players but not meaningfully changing anything else.
(04-01-2022, 02:21 AM)Filthy Steve Wrote: I really don't get this change at all.

(03-30-2022, 05:57 PM)Cal Wrote: forces people to second-think "Wait, do I REALLY want to do this...??"
(04-01-2022, 03:57 AM)Cal Wrote:
(04-01-2022, 02:21 AM)Filthy Steve Wrote: I really don't get this change at all.

(03-30-2022, 05:57 PM)Cal Wrote: forces people to second-think "Wait, do I REALLY want to do this...??"

Exactly.. also try to be more creative. You can still do big booms other ways then macro bombs that are way more interactable!
I guess. Just seems weird to me is all.