Complaint Chrisb340 Heisenbee around 12-1pm UST+2 28/3/2022
Admin: Chrisb340

Server: Main Heisenbee
Date + time: Around 12 or 1 pm UTC+2
Synopsis: 

I joined the round as a miner and did my job, mining ore and sending artifacts away when I hear someone called Big Chungus on the radio announcing his presence. I respond positively and then an admin (there was only one admin on at the time) starts playing a song that's just an explanation on what Big Chungus is which was funny.
Big Chungus asked me what I wanted and I responded with chaos and Chungus and he tells me to blow up the engine or something. 
I ahelp the admin telling him what he told me to do in order to get confirmation if that was ok (wasn't sure if the Chungus guy was made by an admin or not either). He understandably said he'd gib me if I tried it so I said aight and went back to my asteroid magnet. 
I ended the convo by saying BIG BIG CHUNGUS BIG CHUNGUS BIG CHUNGUS as the song goes and then around 20 seconds to a minute later he just bloody gibbed me. When I asked if he just did that he just mockingly responded with a ghost emoji sticking his tongue out.
Maybe he thought I was going to the engine anyway or something, but I am very doubtful because his ghost was right on top of me, observing me mining rock.
I then spammed ahelp with the same message because I was pretty pissed at him gibbing and mocking me despite me just going back to doing my job and got permabanned for it despite it being my first ban and it only being spam.

In short, he gibbed me for saying big chungus after he himself was in on a Chungus joke, acted mockingly when I asked if it was him that just gibbed me and gave out an (in my opinion) overly harsh ban.
Chrisb never played any "music" consisting of Liquid Snake explaining what Big Chungus is to Solid Snake. I know this because I did that.

They were responding to your adminhelp entirely from Discord, and from there thought your adminhelp of "BIG CHUNGUS x4" was some spam you were sending them for responding to your ahelp. Since that's kind of, you know, pretty annoying, they gibbed you for it and then later booted you off of the server for a second.

At this point I probably would have explained to them why you were ahelping that - once I finished whatever I was working on, which I believe was spawning a russian revolver in medbay or something - but it's the darndest thing: You decided you should probably ahelp nothing but "BIG CHUNGUS" a bunch more times after they explicitly told you not to spam ahelps.

This is what's usually known in intellectual circles as "a bad idea" that "will definitely get you banned".

I'm not going to speak to the length of the ban, but if you want them to reduce it you should probably reflect on why you actually got banned and maybe work on your impulse control.
I saw you spamming ahelps and the response here was totally justified. There was no 'acting mockingly' when Chrisb340 said he gibbed you, the response was just 'yep'.
(03-28-2022, 05:24 AM)CaptainBravo Wrote: Chrisb never played any "music" consisting of Liquid Snake explaining what Big Chungus is to Solid Snake. I know this because I did that.

They were responding to your adminhelp entirely from Discord, and from there thought your adminhelp of "BIG CHUNGUS x4" was some spam you were sending them for responding to your ahelp. Since that's kind of, you know, pretty annoying, they gibbed you for it and then later booted you off of the server for a second.

At this point I probably would have explained to them why you were ahelping that - once I finished whatever I was working on, which I believe was spawning a russian revolver in medbay or something - but it's the darndest thing: You decided you should probably ahelp nothing but "BIG CHUNGUS" a bunch more times after they explicitly told you not to spam ahelps.

This is what's usually known in intellectual circles as "a bad idea" that "will definitely get you banned".

I'm not going to speak to the length of the ban, but if you want them to reduce it you should probably reflect on why you actually got banned and maybe work on your impulse control.

Yeah, I know the spamming was a bad idea and I don't disagree with that. 
I didn't spam Big Chungus 4 times, I just sent a single, short line of it. So when I checked what admins were online and only he showed up I was baffled because I thought he was the one in on the joke and then gibbing me for it, which seemed very odd.
I am also 100% certain he put in a ghost emoji with it's tongue sticking out in there as well.
I'm good with my impulse control, but for that moment there I got rather angry because of what I perceived.

(03-28-2022, 05:25 AM)Grifflez Wrote: I saw you spamming ahelps and the response here was totally justified. There was no 'acting mockingly' when Chrisb340 said he gibbed you, the response was just 'yep'.

I am very certain he also posted a ghost emoji. And he gibbed me prior to any spam. The spam I did was in response to him gibbing me.
Hi there. 

I'm gonna respond to a couple of points here. 

First off, ahelps are for serious issues. Nothing wrong with double checking about instructions if you're confused about what you can or can't do. The ahelps you sent were about whether you were allowed to blow up the engine because "Chungus told me to". Now, with the context of what Bravo was up to, that makes it easier to understand where you were coming from. But we had already come to a natural end of the conversation, when you responded to my question asking if you wanted to be gibbed with "I'm good, thank you". Which was a perfectly fine way to end it. 

It was after that natural conversation end that you decided to randomly post big chungus repeatedly in an additional message. When that happened, I joined the round and gibbed you. It was a warning - don't spam adminhelp with pointless messages. Because at that point, it looked like you were just messing around. 

After, you asked if I gibbed you. You seem thoroughly convinced that I posted a ghost emoji or mocked you somehow. I didn't. I'm going to post the logs of my total involvement with the round and the messages I sent from Discord. 

[Image: unknown.png] [Image: unknown.png?width=880&height=107]

I literally did not say a word in any form of chat that round. Grifflez has further validated that. I don't really know what else to say in regards to that accusation beyond you can ask another admin to verify these logs if you want, but those messages sum up the interaction I had with you. 

After I told you not to spam ahelps, you really started in earnest. Even after I booted you from the server twice in a row, you rejoined immediately and resumed spamming each time. I'm not really sure what result you thought you'd get from that, but I don't feel it's particularly surprising that this response landed you with a permaban.
(03-29-2022, 12:36 AM)Sick Ness Monster Wrote: Hi there. 

I'm gonna respond to a couple of points here. 

First off, ahelps are for serious issues. Nothing wrong with double checking about instructions if you're confused about what you can or can't do. The ahelps you sent were about whether you were allowed to blow up the engine because "Chungus told me to". Now, with the context of what Bravo was up to, that makes it easier to understand where you were coming from. But we had already come to a natural end of the conversation, when you responded to my question asking if you wanted to be gibbed with "I'm good, thank you". Which was a perfectly fine way to end it. 

It was after that natural conversation end that you decided to randomly post big chungus repeatedly in an additional message. When that happened, I joined the round and gibbed you. It was a warning - don't spam adminhelp with pointless messages. Because at that point, it looked like you were just messing around. 

After, you asked if I gibbed you. You seem thoroughly convinced that I posted a ghost emoji or mocked you somehow. I didn't. I'm going to post the logs of my total involvement with the round and the messages I sent from Discord. 

[Image: unknown.png] [Image: unknown.png?width=880&height=107]

I literally did not say a word in any form of chat that round. Grifflez has further validated that. I don't really know what else to say in regards to that accusation beyond you can ask another admin to verify these logs if you want, but those messages sum up the interaction I had with you. 

After I told you not to spam ahelps, you really started in earnest. Even after I booted you from the server twice in a row, you rejoined immediately and resumed spamming each time. I'm not really sure what result you thought you'd get from that, but I don't feel it's particularly surprising that this response landed you with a permaban.

I find that more understandable. I thought you were the same admin who was already in the round so it seemed to me you gibbed me for a joke you yourself knew about, but that was another admin. I did not, however, spam big chungus prior to the gib.
I considered it spam in the context of your prior messages, which at the time I'd figured to be random trolling about "Big chungus wants me to destroy the engine". Now I understand the context more, there's additional clarity - although I'd still consider any messages that are pretty much unnecessary to ahelp as spam, regardless of whether it's repeated or not. In the future, I'd recommend you leave messages like that to prayers.

With the context of the situation, I'm willing to bump your ban down to a week, because the response was still less than appropriate.
(03-31-2022, 12:51 AM)Sick Ness Monster Wrote: I considered it spam in the context of your prior messages, which at the time I'd figured to be random trolling about "Big chungus wants me to destroy the engine". Now I understand the context more, there's additional clarity - although I'd still consider any messages that are pretty much unnecessary to ahelp as spam, regardless of whether it's repeated or not. In the future, I'd recommend you leave messages like that to prayers.

With the context of the situation, I'm willing to bump your ban down to a week, because the response was still less than appropriate.

I would like that. Sorry to you and the other admins as well for annoying the shit with the spam after that gib. Next time something like that happens I'll remember to be less impulsive and just make an admin complaint like this instead if I feel wronged. Should I make a ban appeal for the ban reduction or will this thread and apology do?
(04-01-2022, 08:45 AM)BitBite112 Wrote:
(03-31-2022, 12:51 AM)Sick Ness Monster Wrote: I considered it spam in the context of your prior messages, which at the time I'd figured to be random trolling about "Big chungus wants me to destroy the engine". Now I understand the context more, there's additional clarity - although I'd still consider any messages that are pretty much unnecessary to ahelp as spam, regardless of whether it's repeated or not. In the future, I'd recommend you leave messages like that to prayers.

I would like that. Sorry to you and the other admins as well for annoying the shit with the spam after that gib. Next time something like that happens I'll remember to be less impulsive and just make an admin complaint like this instead if I feel wronged. Should I make a ban appeal for the ban reduction or will this thread and apology do?

Nah, all good. I appreciate you reflecting on your part in it! I set it to one week when I sent my last post, so there's about four and a half days left until the ban expires. We'll see you back on the station once it does  bee
(04-02-2022, 03:07 PM)Sick Ness Monster Wrote:
(04-01-2022, 08:45 AM)BitBite112 Wrote:

Nah, all good. I appreciate you reflecting on your part in it! I set it to one week when I sent my last post, so there's about four and a half days left until the ban expires. We'll see you back on the station once it does  bee

Aight, thanks, until then big grin!