Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.25 Average
Mind Slaving shouldn't be an instant click.
Let's be honest. Some love mindslaving, others hate it.
But I think the biggest concern is... the implanting is litterly:
"Grab implanter"
"inject player instantly by getting close"
"Profit"

Sure the player implented falls down and gets up to show this, but... it should be stealthy.
It's easy for a traitor to grab the implanter, run up to the HoS, implant them and order them to go murder hobo. (Not like any HoS would do that, but it's an example)

While something like an Emagg has a failure rate, implanting is 100% done and kinda makes a player having to obey someone.
Where as Emagged borgs technically are just lawless.
And let's not forget ghouls wich has the whole: "kill em 1st"

So my suggestion is...
"Temp mind slave" can still be instant or implant gunned or something like that (it's like 10/15 mins?)
"Permanent mind slaving" can only be done via a special syringe. After all converting 1 player into a slave antag with a push of a button is kinda... broken.
Especially the creative types that might find ways to make more implants (haven't seen it yet).

There for a permanent mindslave takes abit more effort then just "Tag you are my slave now"
Now you gotta restrain your target too or catch em off guard.
we've been over this. its this way so robust people don't fight it off
if it took more than a second then everyone would notice or try to resist, is fine as it is and trying to nerf it would make it useless imo
I swear we have this thread every other month.

The player falling down and getting up is enough reason to try to be stealthy as is.

Making it harder to use than as is would make it useless.
No, mindslave implants are fine right now

Also HoS cannot be mindslaved, they have an implant that makes them immune to being mindslaved
More for RP where the captain has more power, Sec officers and the Captain should also get the same implant.
I would be fine with mindslave implants having a .25s timer on them so you cannot implant while running, but the implant itself being near instant i'm fine with. As said, some folks are rather new and if we all had super reflexes that instant you pull out an object and get shoved could be bad for player morale.

I just, don't like instant implants as you run down the halls, especially on a Rev Round where you just get implanted mid fight with a counter rev.
I didn't know it was this common of a complaint on the forums XD
I'll shut up now. But I do think RGB has the right point. A mini timer...

Also I just suggest the permanent one having a timer, the temporal one being instant click.
But if people say Permanent is fine. Okay then!
If I get mindslaved I am generally ok it. Most of the time (save people who get kind of griefy with it) it is pretty much a free antag round with a minor caveat of having a boss. Compare that to being thralled or absorbed by the changeling.

After being robusted, you are now mindslaved with additional penalties. Zombies being obvious as hell and weaker with the less blood they have (which they hemorrhage way too fast imo) and limb critters, while kind of neat, are just as obvious and more limited in what they can accomplish. Even worse a ling can effectively hold you hostage if they never spawn a limb to inhabit or never let you have control of the main body.

That being said I have had enjoyable rounds with all 3 mindslaved scenarios. But two of them feel way more malicious in general.
(03-27-2022, 11:24 PM)Mrprogamer96 Wrote: More for RP where the captain has more power, Sec officers and the Captain should also get the same implant.

god no don't give this to the entire sec team we don't need more people playing sec on rp just to exercise their Hero Complex
frankly, i find the insta one tap implants to be really BS, its literally just a one click win

while one can kind of say the same with loyalty implants, the difference here is that you can fight off the loyalty.

but again, we had this thread brought up plenty of times, there really is no feasable way to change this without making other changes while simultaneously pissing off the other half of the playerbase for the changes.

really just cant win em all lol