Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disaster Round: No Escape Edition
Until these cowards fall on their swords, I propose we remove pods and teleport/wormhole traveling to other z-levels during Disaster rounds. Most players desperately fight for their lives on the station and I believe that's the intended experience; survivors barricading, bleeding, and screaming until the shuttle comes to save them. The people that hop into pods and hang out in space or on another z-level cheese the experience and that's kind of lame.

Any speculations or critiques would be very welcome in the comments. Thanks for reading!
On a similar note, all lockers should be alive and carnivorous.  Close yourself in a locker?  RIP you.
I was actually coming to this forum to make the same suggestion, make it not possible to hide out so easily in a pod, in space, or off the z-level.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM2U6ETrV4Y
(03-27-2022, 04:43 PM)Mouse Wrote: On a similar note, all lockers should be alive and carnivorous.  Close yourself in a locker?  RIP you.

This is hilarious, yeah do this.

But in truth, all the pods in the podbay need to be just doodad pod husks. Hitting the Edge of the Z-level should send you straight to the void, and it should instantly already be full of really evil shit. Calling the Mining shuttle summons it only once, to the station. Its full of Bloodlings and Transposed scientists.

Gets kinda tiring to see folks just sitting in a pod at escape chatting away and sometimes even taunting folks are are struggling behind a barricade at escape fighting for their life and keeping others alive as best they can.

Down with easy mode, its a disaster round, let it be hard.
Hey locker is a hell of a lot more valid than a pod or sub imo. You at least have to make a dash to the escape shuttle, which is still dangerous when compared to either transport options.
Just make it so hostile critters will randomly open nearby closed lockers.
And while we are on the topic of nerfing lockers, make ALL lethal projectiles penetrate lockers so turbonerds stop using them as mobile cover.
(03-27-2022, 07:02 PM)Lady Birb Wrote: Just make it so hostile critters will randomly open nearby closed lockers.
And while we are on the topic of nerfing lockers, make ALL lethal projectiles penetrate lockers so turbonerds stop using them as mobile cover.

I can get behind a cover nerf. Having shot guns at a lot of old cars irl you learn in a big hurry that cover isn’t that effective unless it’s engine block thick. Which lockers are not.
Pods should turn into living pods that attack anyone near them and lockers and crates should bite people hiding in them.
I want Disaster rounds to be COMPLETELY FUCKED.
Add more wraiths to disaster and cut disaster wraith cooldowns as well, disaster generally doesn't last long enough for them to power up enough to be a threat.
If someone enters a locker and an aggressive critter sees you enter, they will proceed to begin hitting the locker and trying to break it open.
(03-28-2022, 02:06 PM)Ikea Wrote: If someone enters a locker and an aggressive critter sees you enter, they will proceed to begin hitting the locker and trying to break it open.

That sounds logical we cant have that.
Another idea to ramping up disaster round difficulty:
More player antags instead of just the wraith. Maybe a rampage antag like werewolf, traitor, a bunch of spiders, etc
My ideas how to make Disaster harder:
Make Hordes of Agressive critters invade the Shuttle while its going to Centcom
After Critters start spawning ,all pods except Escape Pods self destruct
Antag Critters should be able to spawn,maybe include Admin only antag critters like player controled Brullbars and Legmen
All bots should get Emmaged or destroyed after a certain point in the round
Going through any portal should send you to the Void
(03-28-2022, 09:15 PM)Toygu Wrote: My ideas how to make Disaster harder:
Make Hordes of Agressive critters invade the Shuttle while its going to Centcom
After Critters start spawning ,all pods except Escape Pods self destruct
Antag Critters should be able to spawn,maybe include Admin only antag critters like player controled Brullbars and Legmen
All bots should get Emmaged or destroyed after a certain point in the round
Going through any portal should send you to the Void

god no the last thing i need on shuttle rides is more lag
Really wanna make disasters rounds a nightmare? Add the minigun syndicate drones to the critter pool and or have them spawn outside the station. Those things are the worst.