Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Thread of Ideas for Special/Daily/Permanent Jobs
Hello!
In this thread I want to hear your ideas for Jobs!

To add my piece:

Daily Job idea: NT Hired Adventurer to bring back stuff from off-station.
Name: Undecided
Access: Mining & Maint
Special Start Location: Public Hangar on the station.
Start Equipment: Jetpack+air mask, mining or normal spacesuit, toolbelt full of basic tools, cargo hand teleporter (to send artifacts, crates, etc to cargo/sci)

Additionally, as an offtopic, I think the waiter job should be a a permanent job as the chef and the bartender often need a helping hand but not one that gets in their way.

Do you have any ideas for daily/permanent jobs or comments on current jobs?
Not a bad idea... but... I wouldn't call it an adventurer.. but...

"NT Salvager"
The access seems fine, but add cargo doors to the list, NOT THE MARKET.
Start location is fine and such.
As for the belt with tools... No Multitool. That's my only demand.
(03-27-2022, 05:36 PM)Kotlol Wrote: Not a bad idea... but... I wouldn't call it an adventurer.. but...

"NT Salvager"

That kind of is a required piece of kit for hacking doors off station and salvage crates. Not every door in the Z-levels is crowbar only and good luck opening a password crate without one. Not that it is really hard to find a multitool hanging out in random places on or off station anyway, so its kind of a moot point.
(03-27-2022, 06:32 PM)DioChasek Wrote:
(03-27-2022, 05:36 PM)Kotlol Wrote: Not a bad idea... but... I wouldn't call it an adventurer.. but...

"NT Salvager"

That kind of is a required piece of kit for hacking doors off station and salvage crates. Not every door in the Z-levels is crowbar only and good luck opening a password crate without one. Not that it is really hard to find a multitool hanging out in random places on or off station anyway, so its kind of a moot point.

Fair response but the multi-tool can be abused by grievers.
Especially ones with a jetpack... That's why I am slightly worried.
first responder medical role, they get their own porta-medbay remote and just try to send people over, starts with a paramedic suit and medkit
an uncle dans sponsored tonics seller, ya know like the ones from the old west that sold snake oil and stuff, they could have special chems that could give small buffs but have a shitload of random side effects, he would also have a small special tonic maker that he can carry around and can only be used by himself or science nerds, he cant chose wich tonics to make since is always a random mix and he would need to sell (scam) people his top tier (random chemical trash) special tonics that heal all! (discount dan is not reponsible for any tonic related illnes or long term brain damage)
i wanted to personally code and sprite an artist role that would have replaced the then part time viceoffs

they would have gotten whats essentially just a multicolored crayon, unique clothing, a paint thinner/scraper (essentially just a sponge) and proooobably a paint gun but thats kind of on the nose

seeing noots crayon art is what made me make plans on making this but never gotten the time
How about a cool uncle. It’s like a staff assistant but spawns with a bunch of random things like booze and rpg books.
(03-28-2022, 05:20 AM)Cal Wrote: first responder medical role, they get their own porta-medbay remote and just try to send people over, starts with a paramedic suit and medkit

I feel like I actually suggested something sort of similar once in either a thread here or maybe some OOC with the admins before a round. Lord if I remember. But yeah, I like the idea of an EMT job. They get the porta-medbay remote as you notced, and also get intrinsic bonuses (as some jobs do) towards stabilizing people in crit with CPR and also probably have the ability to drag people who are laying down more quickly.