Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Add a non-conspirator antag to conspirator rounds.
Conspirator rounds tend to be pretty bland and since they fully rely on the conspiracy you will get prolonged periods of time where nothing interesting is happening because the conspirators are prepping for their gimmick in some random corner of the station. Throwing in a traitor, spy thief, vampire or rarely a more out there antag like a wrestler/hunter would alleviate the issue by giving the station something to do if the conspiracy is taking a long time or doesn't do anything for the entire round. This would also lead to rounds where conspiractors get their hands on special gear or face interesting scenarios like a thralled friend.

Idea stolen from: RubberRats
Conspiracy is one of two antag roles I have turned off. Because for every enjoyable round I have plotting with my friends about how to set up fight club or make turbometh, there are 3 that are half or more either cryo or afk, go do their own thing and rope us in for things we had nothing to do with, nothing gets done at all because we all have jobs in departments with no backup and to maintain any semblance of cover we can’t really just disappear.
Another antag is a questionable addition. On one hand, if I had joined a conspiracy round as a conspirator and I knew there was a high likelihood of another antag role being in the round I personally would feel a bit disappointed. On the other hand, it could in theory open up some fun interesting interactions between the conspirators and the other antag. Join forces with the Syndicate agent neat all of a sudden you can get some worthwhile kit to help your corrupt scheme. Wanna still throw that birthday party? Now you may have someone actively trying to sabotage it for a reason other than for being a jerk.
TLDR I dunno has some valid points, conspiracy needs something what I don’t really know. HONK
The problem is Conspirators can be the most FUN ANTAGS or the WORST ANTAGS cause it requires teamwork.
And more often then not, most conspirators are like:
"FIINALLY I AM ANTAG AND I CAN DO MY THING I WANTED TO DO FOR AGES!"
...And then get a lame objective like: "Throw a surprise birthday party for "RANDOM GUY"
So you try to rope others in and things get split up.

The biggest strength of the conspirator then other antags.. is you know who your antag buddies are. Unlike other modes where antags have to find eachother and can DECIDE TO WORK TOGETHER or.. TRY TO KILL EACHOTHER FOR SURPREMCY!

Conspirators do not have these choices. Their biggest strength is there for... their biggest problem.
You HAVE to work together since you don't get any powers like any antag or special gadgets or weapons. Everything you get must be done with what you are delt with... And most of the times the conspirators only have 1 head of command with them... and a ton of staff assistants.
So suddenly you have to use greytides to get tools you need as a medical head to build something up.

I believe the best conspriators try some crazy propagenda 1st and have fun with their greytides while the heads and actual roles try to do something.. (even if it's a clown).

But what I think and I suggested before is that Conspirators have to vote on an objective then will get traitor tools to pull those off.
From goofy ones that can't kill but able to have tools to convice people their tricks.
To more aggresive ones like building an own security force then slowly take over the station.

Kinda like Nukies/traitors but this a group deciding what gadgets they get and what insted of a per person basis.
Most votes gets that kit and if someone disagrees... well sorry..

It would empower them abit more and get abit more creative with a few traitor tools or start making messes earlier in the shfit then 40 mins in.
I think that conspirators generally excel at being the center of the whole station instead of just securities, and this helps them a lot. I think non conspirator antags would distract from whatever stationwide stuff the conspirators are doing.