Mentor Application - Shakey Jimson (Themaverickmikhail)
Usual character name: Shakey Jimson
BYOND username: Themaverickmikhail
Discord username (if you are on our discord): oh god it hurts so much ow#1226
Recommended by (if applicable):
Goon servers you play: Goon 1, 3, and a bit of 2.

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):  I've been playing Goon for a decent amount of time now, and I realized a few days ago that I really enjoy helping new players learn about this AMAZING game. While I'm aware that's a relatively generic reason why, I think I'm up to it. I wouldn't mind getting being notified every time that someone submits a mentorhelp, either, and I am good at not responding with insults to questions that I would normally consider common sense. While I don't play one job consistently,  I have a very good grasp on the game's mechanics, and I enjoy tinkering with stuff I don't fully understand, i.e. wiring or packet hacking. I think that I could be a good resource on many things, ranging from how to pull objects to telling people how to run the engine. I've decided that I should go over how competent I am in every department. In civilian jobs, I generally do well, however, I don't do them often. I understand many aspects of botany, and I can mix drinks as a bartender. In the engineering department, Mechanic is my favorite job in the game, and I am good at repairing station infrastructure along with the engineers. I am good at playing Quartermaster, I understand how to fulfill requests in a timely manner, and I am good at ,making a profit. I never play Engineer, but I do understand how to run the engine in a basic manner due to my experience in test servers. My second favorite engineering job is Miner, as I enjoy matsci and, of course, making a lot of money. Medical is probably my weakest department, but I understand appropriate treatments for wounds and am good at surgery, though my character is hemophilic so I can't usually do self surgery. I enjoy Roboticist and Geneticist, and I understand things such as the clone scanner. The Research department is one of my favorites due to Scientist being a job. I am good at operating chemistry equipment, however I am not good at artsci, which utterly confuses me, though I am willing to learn about it. Security is a very mixed bag for me, as while I do consider myself a good Security Officer due to my application of Space Law, dealing with threats nonlethally, and of course RP, I don't fully understand Detective and the tools available to them. Lastly, I am good at playing Command roles, as I can generally understand that other player's experience is just as important as mine, and I understand that acting like a space tyrant is absolutely no fun for anyone.  I don't play any silicon roles, though I generally do just fine if I get borged as I understand my laws and how they apply to the game. All in all, I apologize if this appears as an absolute wall of text. I don't fully expect this to get accepted, however I do hope that I am at least considered, and if the application gets rejected I would like to know why so I can grow as a player and a person.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): Banned once from the Discord for getting hacked, which caused my account to spam phishing links.
We appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to lack of community feedback. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days, which would be July 7. Since you specifically requested feedback, I'd say in your case, being more active in the community (both ingame and on Discord) would help a lot. That way, more people recognize you and are willing to comment on your application about their experiences with you.