Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nukie adjustments (Nuke timer; Plant location)
(03-26-2022, 10:39 AM)Rmeaper Wrote: Buffing nukies in exchange for having a smaller team is definitely the way to go.  It's much easier to manage a smaller team and it lets you try some more advanced tactics than go to plant spot, stand next to nuke.
Also the disk reduces the timer by 3 minutes so I'm pretty sure disked nuke is 7.

I think there's merit to the idea that a smaller team is easier to manage, but I would just recommend that a larger team make a conscious decision to split up. 

When the entire team is defending the bomb, usually the method is to reinforce the area and try to face the opposition through one chokepoint, but try sending one or two guys to attack them from the side or rear. It goes a long way of holding them off when they're fighting on two fronts. It's a good use of the grenadier and Fire brand class, since they have the AOE attacks, or scouts and infiltrators who can use more stealth tactics to evade
I like the idea of having the nukies pick where to plant the bomb from a list. Piggybacking off of some of the earliest posts; why not mix that with the whole idea regarding outer locations? Nukies are given their pick of 2 or 3 locations; one outer location, one inner location, and a third location chosen by the AI (that is to say the system of the game, not the player AI!) completely at random from all options. So could be two inner, one outer, or one inner, two outer.