Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Just a Baton" Sec loadout should give throwable baton
The baton in the "Just a Baton" security loadout should give a throwable baton like the NTSO's baton, and maybe give it some kind of reverse-stun falloff, increasing the amount of stun damage depending on how far it has been thrown.

Why?
Throwing batons is just REALLY fun as well as satisfying to pull off and I think it would be enjoyable in general, at the cost of you not having your ranged taser.
yea, throwable baton would be good for the just a baton, but it shouldnt be any better then the NTSO baton throw. If your in a chase theyll have low stamina anyway.
Not a bad idea.
Maybe a baton that is moddable would be fun?
If you pick this you can select a mod to install depending on the battery that's inserted?

Like 1 for throwing baton.
1 for wide swing baton. (Think a sword swipe but it's a baton hit)
1 for ranged baton. (Thrust attack like many swords and mops)
1 for hyper baton. (1 smack, instantly down, 1 chance)

Eh... I am just saying.
would love this 100% and maybe a boost on melee damage and stamina drain since no taser means the baton would be your only option (unless you made an improvised taser)
OP for the baton. The belt is for what the name implies, the extra challenge and push to thrive with a little less; that's why I pushed Sord to add it in the first place, as a successor to the old support belt loadout that use to come with...just a baton.
Extra utility token on it is more than enough, I can now replicate the old support belt once over and still have a utility token left for NVGs or something.
This suggestion is RP crimer approved.
I would welcome this with open arms. The mental image of turning to run away then immediately getting decked with a flying baton is strange and beautiful, as is the possibility that I catch it and throw it back. I can't speak for classic but I think that on RP, (seemingly) random Sec characters having a throwable baton would lead to some great stories.
Throwing baton can't be caught, but they can miss just fyi
(03-25-2022, 08:45 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Not a bad idea.
If you pick this you can select a mod to install depending on the battery that's inserted?

Eh... I am just saying.

I think that's an interesting concept, having some kind of modifier.

You could try to make them make the baton more of a situational tool, like a mode that makes it cast more light when active to it doubles as a torch, a demagger for fixing things like doors that have been emagged, or a defensive system that gives it the baseball bat's item hitting ability
As one of the few people who run just a baton conistantly, I'm against this. Just a Baton is fun cause you have to think on your feet and figure out other methods to end a chase rather than just taser followed by batoning someone. If there's a bit of gear I'd like for it, I think a spear baton (re, a baton duck taped to a broom handle with spear special) would be intresting, but it should be a different load out entirely. I would not be against removing tasers entirely and replacing them with different types of batons though.
You will not take away my wave gun or my burst stun >frown

I don't think making Just A Baton's shtick different is a great move but special variants of weapons or mods that can be applied to weapons do sound like a very fun and flexible mechanic.

...RIP phaser mods.
(03-26-2022, 10:23 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(03-25-2022, 08:45 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Not a bad idea.

Eh... I am just saying.

I think that's an interesting concept, having some kind of modifier.

You could try to make them make the baton more of a situational tool, like a mode that makes it cast more light when active to it doubles as a torch, a demagger for fixing things like doors that have been emagged, or a defensive system that gives it the baseball bat's item hitting ability

Though I never heard of a demagger, I though that was a whole mechanic thing to fix, but considering how fast things can be emagged... a demagger wouldn't be unwelcome, especially in RP.
But yea a moddable baton would be neat to give it more via-ability. So Baton only becomes "Mod-baton?" And you can decide wich you need to load up? Eh.