Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Botanist Fluid Sprayer Antag Item Idea feedback
So I had an Idea of a new botanist antag item I could work on, but I want feedback on the idea before I actually dedicate time to working on it.
Essentially, this would be a C-saber alternative for botanists, with a few key differences.

First, It could not deflect projectiles
Second, It could not be put into pocket
Third, It has an internal tank that a botanist must fill with chems for it to function, my current thought is 60U
Fourth, It deals less damage than a C-saber per swing, but injects 10u of the blades internal tank when it hits someone

Essentially, a botanist could trade many of the ability's of a C-saber for the ability to inject chems on a successful hit, and while this wouldn't work well with poison's, it could be filled extremely fast acting botany chems, most notably those derived from chilis, or chems from even outside of botany. Thoughts? (I also included a mock up)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This just seems really weak due to the nature of chems. Chems are designed to be slow acting and primarily stealthy, a weapon like this would be fast acting and loud. Unless you make this weapon incredibly weak (like does 5 damage per hit) the hitting will always rapidly outpace the damage done by the chems due to there difference in style. While I think the idea is cool, I just dont think itd work in practice and just end up being worse then a c saber/red chainsaw/whatever
The other thing is 60 units at 10 units per hit your chems go away in a big hurry. An increased tank size would make it more viable, the only problem with that is the bigger the tank the more room you have to play with making a true hellmix on hit combo which would be a balancing nightmare.
My idea was that someone would use primarily fast acting chems, the sort that basically take effect the moment they enter someone's system, like the chems botanists can get from chilis, or phlog and oil, not poison, allowing stuns, and generally nasty chem mix's in someone's system. If its still underwhelming enough that its not worth 7 TC, maybe it could be bumped down, to something like 6 TC, or even 5 TC. Though as Diocheck pointed out, 60U is a small capacity, and 10u isn't a lot per hit. Sleepy pens inject 60u so maybe something like 400U capacity and 40u on hit isn't too extreme, especially because its a weapon, that even though I plan on it being backpackable, isn't nearly as stealthy.