Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[PR] changes nanomed access to medlocker access
Honestly, I dont think this is as much of a sec off self healing nerf in most circumstances as many people think. While I do get theres not always doctors and I'll admit, I dont often play sec off, even without medical access and no doctors you can still heal yourself up fine. But even at a doctorless medbay, while it's not as good as if a doctor was healing with you, if you spot some medkits (which 99% of the time theyre in the open) or manage to make your way to cryo (which considering secoffs will still have medical access this is easy), you have a lot of your healing set out for you. Not only that, but sec offs make bank in terms of credits, which allows them to buy all the meds they could ever want from public nanomeds.

The main thing this nerfs for sec offs is using is the port a nanomed, and honestly find rushing that pda module too strong for how easy it is to obtain. First off, Ive always considered that to be a doctor specific tool thematically, so the ability for it to basically effortlessly become part of a sec offs toolset doesn't seem right. Outside of thematics, to be able to spend like 100 credits and now have access to a full arsenal of healing for every scenario, is just bad. You dont need additional access nor talk to anyone, you just head to a vending machine, spend a trivial amount of credits for a sec off (and for all jobs tbh, needing to hack the vendor to get the module probably wouldnt be a bad idea), and now you have the healing ability of a doctor.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] changes nanomed access to medlocker access - by Ikea - 03-24-2022, 06:21 PM