Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All that is wrong with mining.
I have played some mining lately, to raise quick cash for *projects*. Most rounds I spawned alone, sometimes with another miner. A couple of times there were three to five miners. Most cursed the job assignment, ran to the hop to get a new job or suicided on the spot.

So, what is frustrating about mining.

Ores
[*] There are HUGE deposits of mauxite, molitz, pharosium and coal. These are all worthless on the market, and useless to mine. These should be reduced by a lot.
[*] Useful production ores are scattered around, it takes a lot of flying to find all that you need. There should be more, they are the main target for miners.
[*] Precious ores -cobryl and syreline- are much less profitable to mine than the production ores (claretine, plasmastone, etc.). Basically a waste of time.
The price for these ores could be raised. Or these deposits could have a very high amount of gems, making it worthy to explore.
[*] Dense asteroids are few, sometimes incredibly rare; forcing you to fly the entire z-level to find one. And too often the ore is worthless. 700 units of mauxite still sell for about 3 bucks a piece.
These tiles are great to set up a steady stream of income. But their number needs to be increased somewhat, and the cheap metal should be excluded from the pool.
[*] Let's just get rid of erebite and have something else used for concussion gauntlets. It's impossible to find.

Tools&Pods
All the basic tools are readily available, but what's really fun is mining in a pod.
I would like for miners to get drills (I know there's a couple around the z-level) and hammers. Leaving only the boots, suit and gauntlets as prize upgrades.

What's real fun is mining in a pod. And this is where I think miners should get their rewards.
There could be new pod tools.
[*] Laser drill, shoots a 5-6 tiles long beam that pierces rock. Effect on mobs? Maybe it makes them hot, if it must be able to set them on fire, it should take more than a single hit.
[*] Concussion drill, pod equivalent of the gauntlets, breakes rocks in a square of X tiles. Effect on mobs is a pushback, like the shotgun. If there must be a stun, better make it short, water slip-like.
[*] Mineral attractor. Like the tool that miners can build. It replaces the cargo bay and pulls ores straight into the pod. Getting on and off to pick up the ores is the worst part.

The conclave scanner should have its geological scan function split from the ship/bio scanner.
Having to wait to get the readout on rock tiles is just annoying, when the handheld scanner is instant.
Clarks Wrote:.
[*] Useful production ores are scattered around, it takes a lot of flying to find all that you need. There should be more, they are the main target for miners.
Well that is kinda the point, the producton ores are supposed to be really useful, so they have to be somewhat hard to find.

Clarks Wrote:[*] Let's just get rid of erebite and have something else used for concussion gauntlets. It's impossible to find.
Why not just make Eribite a rare spawning ore again? its near impossible to find now that it is a gem. Make it so you need a special tool for the eribite ores, or die an explosive death.

Other than those two things, im 100% with you.