Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alloys need to be expanded on
Either I'm stupid or it really is barebones, but the best thing I can seem to make is a bohrum/molitz pickaxe. Coating a regular pickaxe with uqill doesn't seem to make it harder.
I'd just like to see more love put into alloying since it seemed very unique and interesting to me until I found out I could do nothing with it.
It's worth mentioning that matsci code is like the joker of ss13 code. Granted, alloying is mainly useful for alloying stats or making things classified as metal/pickaxes
(03-28-2022, 03:03 AM)NightmarechaMillian Wrote: It's worth mentioning that matsci code is like the joker of ss13 code. Granted, alloying is mainly useful for alloying stats or making things classified as metal/pickaxes

But alloying stats doesn't seem to be useful for anything. Molitz is the hardest thing out there for picks so alloying it with anything else will just lower it. Alloying will just make it a master of none.
My main issue with matsci is that you only get 1 alloy out for every 2 ores, so you lose ore when alloying. This is very bad when you only have limited resources and need to make 5 or so of the same type of metal.