Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AI cannot use NanoMed
I encountered this issue much earlier, but entirely forgot it until tonight when it came up again. The AI can interface with just about every computer and machine, including the Deep Fryer if memory serves, but he can't use the NanoMed machine to dispense drugs for a nondoctor who's dying right next to it. That's kinda bad.
I'm pretty sure the AI can't use any vending machines at all, so if this is a bug then it is widespread. I do not think it is because a lot of vending machines will say something to the effect of "This machine will not interface with you, because you are not in its target demographic!"
Yeah, I noticed that. The real question is, why is the AI not in its target demographic? I can understand some vending machines, but being able to dispense medicine goes along with Law 1. The first time this happened I was unable to dispense Benzo and anti-toxin for a guy suffering from changeling stings, and the rest of the crew was too busy chasing it around to help him.
Dachshundofdoom Wrote:The real question is, why is the AI not in its target demographic? .
Studies shows that 100% of all AI's installed on Nanotrasen property has not been fitted with a mouth.
Another study shows that 100% of people who eat food has mouths, or other ways to consume, and digest nutrition. A third study shows that these two might be related.
Nitrous Wrote:
Dachshundofdoom Wrote:The real question is, why is the AI not in its target demographic? .
Studies shows that 100% of all AI's installed on Nanotrasen property has not been fitted with a mouth.
Another study shows that 100% of people who eat food has mouths, or other ways to consume, and digest nutrition. A third study shows that these two might be related.

Coincidentally, your argument would be 100% more compelling AND would make 100% more sense if the NanoMed dispensed food for people instead of medicine to save their lives.
Coincidentally, the AI cannot consume medical supplies either.
But those med pills have to be nutritious!

I support making the AI being able to dispense medication.
I think the AI should be able to dispense Meds and things from vending machines without credit. I mean, the AI is supposed to be the controller of all things electronic; so why should it need money in the machine to dispense stuff?
h3half Wrote:I think the AI should be able to dispense Meds and things from vending machines without credit. I mean, the AI is supposed to be the controller of all things electronic; so why should it need money in the machine to dispense stuff?
But how will Nanotrasen be able to make money off of their food vending machines, if the AI wouldn't have to pay?
Nitrous Wrote:
h3half Wrote:I think the AI should be able to dispense Meds and things from vending machines without credit. I mean, the AI is supposed to be the controller of all things electronic; so why should it need money in the machine to dispense stuff?
But how will Nanotrasen be able to make money off of their food vending machines, if the AI wouldn't have to pay?
Straight out of the station pay budget?
Come on guys, everyone knows that the vending machines aren't actually owned by Nanotrasen, they're too cheap to afford the rental fee. The vending machines are placed there by the companies instead such as the quite haunted Discount Dan's Factory and the Grones Soda Inc. The budget ass AI can't interact with them because he is owned by Nanotrasen and they're too damn stingy to install decent hacking software. I thought everyone knew this?