Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RIP Public Ban Appeals
I feel obligated as the OP to say that this is not an appropriate venue for discussing bans in any way.

Lvice you say you like the game but not the interpretation of the rules, but that is what makes goon goon they are part of the game. Arguing over rule interpretation with admins is not going to help as much as self reflection and understanding where they are coming from.

I suggest you follow the ban appeal format as per ZeWaka in the private ban forum
another compelling reason to remove miscreants
(03-20-2022, 09:16 PM)Lady Birb Wrote: Since the only official documentation for it was a ban appeal that is now private, I feel like I should ask: are antagonists who manage to reach centcom early allowed to use things in centcom for the purposes of terrorizing the station, or is that considered exploiting and bannable? A year or two ago someone was banned for that but there is no mention of centcom anywhere in the rules(or any consensus on what is considered an exploit in general), and with all ban appeals private the only documentation of this being against the rules is now lost to time.

If I’m thinking of the right thing, that was specifically using centcom stuff to kill almost everyone on station via massive deathsmoke. Most of the relevant centcom admin gear doesn’t work until the end of the round now, but I don’t see anything wrong with using centcom gear as an antag in general (though if there’s some massive grief toy forgotten about in a corner somewhere, you probably shouldn’t use it on the station)
(03-22-2022, 11:37 AM)Cal Wrote: another compelling reason to remove miscreants

I'm inclined to agree with this somewhat.
Or at least rename it from miscreant to something else as the word miscreant defines someone who does something wrong/criminal so it's easy for especially newer players to think it's some kind've antag status.
How about slacker or goof off instead of miscreant.
(03-22-2022, 11:29 AM)Recusor Wrote: I feel obligated as the OP to say that this is not an appropriate venue for discussing bans in any way.

Lvice you say you like the game but not the interpretation of the rules, but that is what makes goon goon they are part of the game. Arguing over rule interpretation with admins is not going to help as much as self reflection and understanding where they are coming from.

I suggest you follow the ban appeal format as per ZeWaka in the private ban forum

For me it wasnt about the appeal, but about getting into the head of an admin, either iam right and the appeal should be nobrainer, or iam not right and i wanted to hear some thoughts. 
Is it fine that people know how to react on every single chem on every single animation while on RP cause it will save their lives?
Is smoking bar with space drugs so bad that it needs admins intervention? isnt it secs job?
Griefing is specified as something that takes for normal player to fix more than 10 minutes, but miscreant/clown is forbidden to inject someone with narcolepsy for example, which is fixable in the amount of seconds it takes for you to get to the medbay, and its pretty funny being chased by falling asleep security for example. But its still a nono and you all agree?
Is it ok that everybody DCs the moment they are turned to thralls or consumed by ling?

I wrote to admin only once concerning other players and it was a guy smoking people and throwing them from shuttle while not being an antag. All the other times i feel its job for security. 
I noticed a lot of people start immediately contact an admin when something happens to them, even tho its antag in most cases, which i dont understand because thats exactly the game for me (if its in character of course).
And i wanted to know if you all are againts it so iam the one that have it all wrong, because it seems that way, i nthat case Iam playing a different game and should either quit or completly change how i play (and i dont think iam playing a bad RP)
Ok there's alot to unpack here I'll try to be brief.

In terms of people knowing ic what drugs will save them when not a doctor no probably not cool. With that said the delivery of those drugs should be done in an rp centric way walking up and injecting people without conversation is not rp friendly.

Smoking space drugs in the bar can affect other players and your character likely would not continue their employment with NT. So that's not rp friendly.

To go back to the drugs again you should not inject even partially harmful or debilitating meds without RP even if you are an antag. On the RP server work it into an interaction with the crew somehow.

No it's absolutely not ok for thralls to DC and you should ahelp that. I am more ambivalent about hivemind because that is a more idle role.

If players are being negatively affected by rule breaking behavior it is absolutely in the realm of admins to deal with it. If it is not rulebreaking behavior then perhaps more of a sec reaction would be good but sec isn't always around or competent.

At the end of the day on the RP server don't mess with players without rp interaction in general and don't use harmful chems if you aren't an antag.

At the end of the day public opinion on admi behavior doesn't matter. Do what they tell you if you want to play on the server. If you think it is unreasonable you can go elsewhere. If you have a legitimate complaint you can post it I the admin feedback forum but that is a generous offering to try to make their process more transparent, not a democratic forum.

I think you need to take the advice the admins gave you to heart, post a new ban appeal reflecting on why they may have enforced those rules using the template and have a nice day 😊
This isn't really the place for this discussion, but the thing you were banned for (griefing in a potentially lethal fashion as a nonantag) and the things you're currently complaining about seem to be totally unrelated.
(03-24-2022, 06:04 AM)Mouse Wrote: This isn't really the place for this discussion, but the thing you were banned for (griefing in a potentially lethal fashion as a nonantag) and the things you're currently complaining about seem to be totally unrelated.

Ah yes the ole griefing in a lethal fashion as a non antag. Whenever I see this as an ANTAGONIST (Mostly conspirator since I know whos an antag), I annoy them, lure em away and EXECUTE THEM, CRUSH THEIR BODIES and then Ahelp it.
Gonna be a shitter on my RP server time when I am an antag? You lost your right on life. They are dead and the admin will get rid of them completely or smack em.
(03-23-2022, 01:35 PM)DioChasek Wrote: How about slacker or goof off instead of miscreant.

Thats the entire crew
Rename miscreant to "Goblin".
(03-24-2022, 03:46 PM)KikiMofo Wrote:
(03-23-2022, 01:35 PM)DioChasek Wrote: How about slacker or goof off instead of miscreant.

Thats the entire crew

I will have you know if I am a Botanist or Chef (or Clown with a vending or cooking gimmick) I am way too productive. Any other job though yeah that statement rings true.
(03-24-2022, 03:41 PM)Kotlol Wrote:
(03-24-2022, 06:04 AM)Mouse Wrote: This isn't really the place for this discussion, but the thing you were banned for (griefing in a potentially lethal fashion as a nonantag) and the things you're currently complaining about seem to be totally unrelated.

Ah yes the ole griefing in a lethal fashion as a non antag. Whenever I see this as an ANTAGONIST (Mostly conspirator since I know whos an antag), I annoy them, lure em away and EXECUTE THEM, CRUSH THEIR BODIES and then Ahelp it.
Gonna be a shitter on my RP server time when I am an antag? You lost your right on life. They are dead and the admin will get rid of them completely or smack em.

Hi please dont vigilante admin, unless if theyre like spewing out slurs or something (and even then if detaining them in a way to where it doesnt make others deal with there bullshit is an option is available its not a bad idea to take it), killing people tends to make them log off, which means admins cant talk to people. It makes it more of a pain for the admins (because now they have to deal with forum threads) and more of a pain for the person who broke the rules (because now they have to deal with forum threads).
(03-24-2022, 06:31 PM)Ikea Wrote:
(03-24-2022, 03:41 PM)Kotlol Wrote:

Hi please dont vigilante admin, unless if theyre like spewing out slurs or something (and even then if detaining them in a way to where it doesnt make others deal with there bullshit is an option is available its not a bad idea to take it), killing people tends to make them log off, which means admins cant talk to people. It makes it more of a pain for the admins (because now they have to deal with forum threads) and more of a pain for the person who broke the rules (because now they have to deal with forum threads).

Trust me, the only moments I do this is as an ANTAGONIST. Never as security, not my call.
Last one I "Vigilanted" as an antagonist was slurring and not roleplaying. I warned them as a player (LOOC) to not do this stuff and to behave. To only have em go: "Admins don't do shit!" 
Knowing full well he's gonna keep misbehaving and attacking me with punches. I just murdered him in cold blood and crushed him as well as A-helped it.

So yea... I don't vigilante unless the player is litterly going too far and I know they will cause grief for others and I am an antagonist.
This still can prevent admins from dealing with them easily, just ahelp first okay?