Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tone down fireball a bit.
fireball is just way too good to not pick now, i think a cooldown extension would be good, like a 1 and a half minute cooldown.

also fireball sets people on fire even if they are wearing firesuits, and rolling on the floor saves you better than a fire extinguisher during the stun.
It doesn't knock you out anymore, but that doesn't change the fact you're guaranteed to be in orange/deep orange health even when you were at 100% after you get hit.
the stun is still there, and every time i've been hit by a fireball i go into critical because of the first impact, which sends you into deep red, then the fire damage which sends you into critical and possible bleeding from limbs being blown off.
Shoddy Wrote:fireball is just way too good to not pick now, i think a cooldown extension would be good, like a 1 and a half minute cooldown.

also fireball sets people on fire even if they are wearing firesuits, and rolling on the floor saves you better than a fire extinguisher during the stun.
It's alright, Cthulhu staff is better in my opinion.
Shoddy Wrote:the stun is still there, and every time i've been hit by a fireball i go into critical because of the first impact, which sends you into deep red, then the fire damage which sends you into critical and possible bleeding from limbs being blown off.

I know, I meant it doesn't make your screen black anymore. I haven't had a limb knocked off yet, so from my experience I've only seen it go into deep orange/red depending on how long I stay on fire. I'm totally agreeing with you, it's really really powerful. Fireball could stay being as strong as it is if the stun time was way shorter, or on the flipside make it only set you on fire and have the same amount of stun time.
1 Guy against 50 people and you're complaining he gets powerful toys?

Fireball is a must-have spell for wizards?? Wow! almost like it was based on a dnd spell that's ALSO a must-have spell!

Snippy bitchiness aside, I'll agree that the fireball spell is overpowered, but I feel strongly that this is one of those cases where it deserves to be. Especially since most wizards that take it end up blowing themselves up with it, and soul guard doesn't protect them anymore
UrsulaMejor Wrote:1 Guy against 50 people and you're complaining he gets powerful toys?

Fireball is a must-have spell for wizards?? Wow! almost like it was based on a dnd spell that's ALSO a must-have spell!

Snippy bitchiness aside, I'll agree that the fireball spell is overpowered, but I feel strongly that this is one of those cases where it deserves to be. Especially since most wizards that take it end up blowing themselves up with it, and soul guard doesn't protect them anymore

lol if you knew you were being a jerk why type it out and then dismiss it??

It's not the problem that it is a good spell, it's just that it's way too good. It's an auto-honing one hit crit machine that isn't fun to play against. If it weren't auto honing I think that how strong it is is totally cool but the fact that it chases you down makes it super unfun to play against, since the only way to avoid it is to get behind something or into a locker - and I'm p sure lots of players don't know how to easily pull that sort of stuff off.

I've always thought a cool balance would be to make it so it shoots straight out from the direction the wizard is facing, that way it would be easier to cast on the fly and would balance out the fact that it fucks up whoever it hits.
I too would be in favor of a targetless straight fireball for causing destruction, maybe with slightly more casts. Maybe have Fireball and Homing Fireball spells, and picking one locks you out of the other?
The whole point of a wizard is he's like the changeling, a nightmare if you try to take him out alone.

also, taking away homing would be more of a buff than a Nerf since It'd allow you to fire safely with less regard for self-impact potential and the ability to fire at a group of targets without messing around with menus. not only that, but hiding behind a window or locker will no longer help because if it explodes at the edge of an obstacle it'll still catch you in its radius; whereas with homing it won't explode at all if you run away.

If you're fighting a fireball wizard, run straight for him. He'll fireball at you, it'll home in on you standing next to him, you'll both explode, you'll receive medical attention and he'll be staffless, potentially limbless, and mobbed by all those friends you brought with you., you did bring friends, right?

When one Guy has to take down 50 people, he deserves a little oomph.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:The whole point of a wizard is he's like the changeling, a nightmare if you try to take him out alone.

also, taking away homing would be more of a buff than a Nerf since It'd allow you to fire safely with less regard for self-impact potential and the ability to fire at a group of targets without messing around with menus. not only that, but hiding behind a window or locker will no longer help because if it explodes at the edge of an obstacle it'll still catch you in its radius; whereas with homing it won't explode at all if you run away.

If you're fighting a fireball wizard, run straight for him. He'll fireball at you, it'll home in on you standing next to him, you'll both explode, you'll receive medical attention and he'll be staffless, potentially limbless, and mobbed by all those friends you brought with you., you did bring friends, right?

When one Guy has to take down 50 people, he deserves a little oomph.

The non-homing fireball would allow for dodging and you could still run at him/away from him if you wanted. Like I said it's not that it's strong it's that it's TOO strong.
God fucking hell how many times do we have to get over this until people stop being a bitch about it.

He has fireball? GOOD. RUN AT HIM. GREAT JOB YOU OWNED THE WIZARD.

There is nothing to see here, move along.
Lol ya u showed us!
Such intelligent discussion!!

saying 'just run at him' is a shit shit pcop out when the spell is awkward and finicky for the user and almost assured death for the target, it's about improving overall not nerfing
Marquesas Wrote:God fucking hell how many times do we have to get over this until people stop being a bitch about it.

He has fireball? GOOD. RUN AT HIM. GREAT JOB YOU OWNED THE WIZARD.

There is nothing to see here, move along.
i'm getting sorta tired of the flamboyant rudeness that seems to be going on.

anyways i agree totally with Klayboxx's suggestion and it would make fireball a balanced spell probably.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

also the thing about 1 guy vs. 50, rarely do we have 50 people on, usually it's 1 vs. 20 or 15 on #2, and just cause you're going up against multiple people doesn't actually make it that much harder, wizards are supposed to be hit and run type guys.

a good wizard shouldn't have to take on more than 2 people, it's all about controlling the situation and keeping the cards in your hands.

PS: with 50 people on there will be 3 wizards, which is a fuckton of death that is being dealt.
I don't think the fireball spell is unbalanced, but I think that the reason it feels unfair is because the balance is a product of the frustrating wizard interface. It's really difficult to target a single person quickly and reliably in an environment where he isn't the only mob visible to you, which leads to a lot of self-fireballing and other mistakes.

This is kind of a side suggestion, but why not keep the fireball as a homing projectile but abandon the dumb right-click/listbox interface?

-Click 'Fireball' verb to activate fireball
-Click any tile
-The closest mob to that tile will be auto-targeted.
-If there's no target, no fireball comes out and the spell is toggled back off.