HoS Application - NanoDano, The Resurgence
Usual character name: Ava Squire/Pug Squire
BYOND username: NanoDano
Discord username: MysticFlower
Recommended by :N/A
Goon servers you play:Goon1

Reason for application: I think I've been around the block long enough to know, a bad sec team simply makes the game unfun without anyone to set them on the right path. A team of new or just bad officers will usually wrongfully arrest people or sit around doing nothing while the vampire makes an army of thralls. It stinks, but at least with an hos they have someone to answer their questions and tell them what they're doing wrong and what they’re doing right. So if I get the BIG BOOTS I would be honored to be the person new officers can look up to just like I have with other hos’s.

Security experience: My first time playing secoff was probably the usual for most new secoffs, no clue of what I'm doing and struggling to even survive in this fart filled world. But after some time and some lessons from the hos, I was finally able to start making proper arrests. Obviously the first thing that drew me to security was the batons, the tasers, and of course I can’t forget the snazzy outfits.

However after mostly playing sec and AI for all this time I have come to realize talking first and tasing later is so important because this entire game is driven by the people, the main reason this game has lasted so long is because of the community and their wackiness, so by choosing to play security you dedicate yourself to making sure those people have a good time, even if they are dead set on blowing up the station. Without security to arrest an antag and let them try again they’ll just get validhunted by the nearest angry mob because they bat formed through a door, then they’ll feel like being the antagonist is only about killing people, then those randoms will just validhunt even more. It's a ruthless cycle of anger and without security to keep it from getting out of hand not even the clown would be having fun.

Security and antags go hand in hand, it's like a game of cat and mouse, with no one to pursue the bad guys they just wander the station and cause chaos, but with security to chase after them they’re goal switches more to running from security and causing some chaos on the side which keeps the game fresh everytime.
  • [font=Verdana]What advice would you give to other sec players?: Well I could go for the usual disks on table and label pinpointers(which you should still definitely do) but I often see new secoffs carry around their batons and tasers in the halls like rambo, yes, it's easier, but you’ll see that you will be knocked down A LOT in this game, so keeping your tools in your belt until they are actually needed is quite important, and as a greytider myself, the urge to knock the weapons out of your hands is irresistible.[/font]
  • [font=Verdana]What was one of your favorite security moments?: This was a while ago but I once arrested a guy that was clearly a traitor, looked at the pda and saw he left his tab open as well as his emag in his belt, it was still early and he hasn't done anything but he was complaining a ton about being caught and was about to log off until I told him I'm not killing him, he then said “but I'm antag” and I stated “yeah but you’re also a person playing the game” after I said that he seemed baffled, I don't know what interactions he has had with sec before but the feeling of letting him go after he said thanks was a major self esteem boost[/font]
  • [font=Verdana]Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.: When I have a team I usually just patrol around the station talking to people until I find a nerd worthy of my baton, but when alone I get real quiet, I still talk, but its usually just a quick response to other people talking to me, cause I've got a lot to do and a lot of people to police.[/font]
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • [b]Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.: [/b]
    Poems are for chumps, heres a radical rap! Eatin donuts with the boys, that's where its at! That's all we do till the clown goes splat! When the antags come we turn our backs, then fart! Until they're pushed back!
  • [font=Verdana]What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?: Still really liked it when someone turned the brig into a bar[/font]

Previous bans: Twice for bad language and once because I found a flamethrower when I was new, and uh, y’know “went ham” as one might say   Mr. V gets roasted
I've said this before, but I think Squire is an excellent officer. They communicate well, are fair, and most importantly they are reliable. It's always nice to see them on the sec team.

+1
yea, i have seen good things from this person.
stinks a lot! def deserves to be a head of stink *laugths
ok for real tho, ava is a good secoff and i do trust her, however she does seems to not have complete knowledge on the best way to stop antags sometimes like muzzling vamps BUT i think she is ready for the big boots and just need a bit of training that can easily be done on less than a day, after all we all have flaws.
With that said i give a +1
First of this is a definite +1

Ava is a great part of the team and I can always count on them without having to check in regularly. They are trustworthy and always respond to calls. They show great characteristics of Hos material. In fact, I would even go as far to say they have my recommendation. queen greater domestic space-bee
Ava has since made some excellent improvements from when they last applied, and it’s safe to say they are worthy and capable of leading a team.
We appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to some concerns over semi-recent ingame behavior. However, you're strongly encouraged to reapply in 60 days, which would be July 7. In the meantime, please keep sec officering!