HoS Application 2: Morgan Freeman
Usual character name: Morgan Freeman
BYOND username: MorganTerim
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Bepis#0121

Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Goon servers you play: Goon 1 occasionally 2

Reason for application: I think a HoS is a cornerstone for most rounds. Aside from having a fashionable wardrobe HoS comes with a lot of tools and authority that could drastically alter the course of any round. I believe that I (hopefully) have enough experience, knowledge, and skills to; teach newer players, coordinate the security team, lead the round in a fun balanced direction and use the tools a HoS has effectively.

Security experience (300 word minimum): I have been playing sec for little less then a year now. During this time I have faced a lot if not all types of scenarios. I would like to think I am robust. My brain is very much used to how chaotic and stressful goon 1 is by now, so I can mostly handle those kinds of situations. Before playing sec I decided to learn most of the departments and the features of the game, so that I could handle situations correctly. Right now I only lack advanced botany knowledge. I dislike any form of powergaming as sec unless a situation calls for one. For example if half the station is dead from a variety of threats that the sec arsenal cannot match, it is indeed shocking that the funny glowstick cannot handle every danger the round will throw at you. My motto is act like an antag, be treated like one.
I dont mind a small bit of tiding like staffies sitting in sec. But I believe more severe cases like breaking into armory should be punished by more "harsher" measures. I am of the opinion that rounds should have a balance between antags killing everyone and antags being all dead or inactive. Sec is a big force in balancing out rounds and making sure its fun for both sides, therefore I try to act in accordance with how the round is going. For example a vamp eating a mechanic in maint then running from arrest after being caught and being a nuisance in a chill round will be a brigging and muzzling. If the same thing happens while a rampager is running around killing everyone on sight and space bears are eating everyone, they will get less lenience. I do have a con of being bored easily and fast, so you might see me encouraging antags to spice up the round. I also have experience in teaching newer secoffs and correcting other security personnels mistakes. Not that I dont make mistakes from time to time, I try to make it up to people who were affected by my mistakes by buying them copious amounts of donuts.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
  • Use comms often, a well coordinated sec team is a strong sec team. Use the alert button often, its the strongest weapon in your arsenal. Dont be shy to ask other secoffs for favors like setting someone to arrest most of the time they will be unoccupied while running patrols. The area flash is great use it to disorient people you are chasing who lack shades then taser them.
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
  • I dont have any particular favorites that i can remember but having sec moments where 4 secoffs are chasing 1 person and they all stun each other down are always funny
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
  • I try to take matters into my own hands when im solo sec, and not use sec comms much since well, Im the only officer.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
  • Honestly the gimmick I want to run most is drip sec, where all take the same drip.
  • Draw a picture!
  • [Image: LTgDB]
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): N/A
if embed fails the pic: https://imgkub.com/image/LTgDB
i had morgan on the team and i have worked with him when i was a secoff, i do think he is a good secoff and he can handle the big hat well, he seems to be able to lead the team, follows instructions given and knows to stand against bad security practices.

a +1 from my side
Morgan is experienced, communicative, and treats criminals fairly. +1 from me, even though he uses the SMG the wavegun
experienced and competent, treats criminals fairly, isnt controlled by emotions, is communicative, fairly robust and has great leader qualities

+1 from me
cool dude, competent, funny, talks a lot to the team, tries to engage first before going for the baton, and leads teams of new players consistently and well

+1
Cool and talkative and merciful when it should be applied.
I've played with Morgan for what must be months now.
He took the advice from his first application and is now genuinely a better officer.
He is reliable and understands how security should be played. Always good to have him on the team. 
I'm sure he would be a great HoS.

+1, let's see him rock that orange beret!
Morgan is a reliable and robust secoff, but is also good at talking with folk and calling me a nerd communicating on sec radio. Always a pleasure to see on the sec team and I'd be happy if they got HoS.

+1
Morgan has been a good sport, a funny fella, and a great sec player, They talk first rather than baton

+1
morgan's been here for some time and is quite robust, so a +1 from me !
Why is this HoS App #2? How could Morgan Freeman fail HoS App #1? Do I need to say Yes Yes to this app? Because its a Yes Yes.

What can I say that others haven't said? Long time player, is a fair officer and knows the job. +2, lets go.
Cool guy, fun to play against when you're an antag. Loose cannon, damn good cop.

+1
He's helpful, talks with the team often, and is overall a good sec officer and a pretty chill guy. +1
change your character name
+1
Blue is better +1,,,,,,,,,,,, Long time Security Player, Responsive and communicative to the team. Might be too stinky for the role but He can work on that