Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spatial Tear idea
Spatial tear is boring, it's just a wall that pops up and blocks your progress. No damage, no interaction, just a timeout.

I suggest the spatial tear be replaced with the old energy beams that held the singularity in place with arcs of electricity from the current engine.
the best solution would be just to remove tears entirely tbh
icarus Wrote:the best solution would be just to remove tears entirely tbh
I agree.
Yeah, they kind of suck.
Why not change it so that if you walk into one side of the tear, you walk out the other side in a random location. Leave Botany, walk into the tear, and walk out in the Chapel/belt hell/warehouse/tech storage/deep space.
replace tears with a Syndicate Sectioning Beam which puts a big one-square straight line cut through a portion of the station

and/or remove them forever
have some way to bypass them

50/50 chance of you making it over or you ending up horribly mutilated and strewn across the floor
I like the idea of replacing it with the singularity energy beams. There would be a chance to cross them when you run into them, if I'm remembering the way that they worked correctly. Slam into it, take some damage, and hope that it flings you in the right direction. So it still generally sections off the station, but it's not an impenetrable wall of boring and could possibly come into play during fights and chases.
Maybe have them teleport you somewhere dangerous, like the void or graveyard or something. Somewhere spooky. That way people who walk into them are either A: Too dumb to live or B: Ready for a rumble.
MyBlueCorners Wrote:I like the idea of replacing it with the singularity energy beams. There would be a chance to cross them when you run into them, if I'm remembering the way that they worked correctly. Slam into it, take some damage, and hope that it flings you in the right direction. So it still generally sections off the station, but it's not an impenetrable wall of boring and could possibly come into play during fights and chases.
I take it you never took a class in my "How to Limbo in space" back on mushroom station where the only ones who got to get on the escape shuttle (not counting the cheaters who flew in from the back) was to Limbo. Toots
Lainge Wrote:words
I release that sentence doesn't make any sense.
But it is 2:44 am and I am tired.
Why is there still no edit button?
step 1: get a locker and put it against tear
step 2: get a buddy
step 3: either you or buddy gets in locker
step 4: whoever isn't in locker walk against locker and open the locker and close it over and over
step 5: w o w dude is on the other side of the tear!

Spatial tears suck and so does ^
Lainge Wrote:LIMBO under a dangerous energy-beam spatial tear
Even better!
Weavel Wrote:replace tears with a Syndicate Sectioning Beam which puts a big one-square straight line cut through a portion of the station

and/or remove them forever
I like this idea.

It's not as god-awful as Spatial Tears and it's still awful enough to fuck up at least one person's day.
Make spatial tear a riskier (yet sometimes more rewarding) version of the wormhole.

Do you really want to chance getting stuck dead in space on some asteroid belt, die from being pulled like spaghetti or maybe poof into a new undiscovered area? or do you want to wait for the tear to go away.