Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Combine breath masks with vocal translators
Maybe translators could be used in-hand to translate? Meaning that it's still annoying to use, but that monkeys would, technically, be able to speak in a depressurized area.
(03-14-2022, 06:17 AM)AmazingDragons Wrote: Maybe translators could be used in-hand to translate? Meaning that it's still annoying to use, but that monkeys would, technically, be able to speak in a depressurized area.

Hmm, that might work. I kinda like that. Depending on how it is done. I'd be hesitant to make it too easy, like "as long as it's in your hand it translates". 

But maybe something using it in-hand opend the speech text box and if it gets knocked out of your hand whike typing you'll have to pick it up again
.. then again, that kinda would be hard to use with the say command.

Maybe the best way would be to use it in-hand and then it is just "on" until the next time you speak or whisper or something. Or instead based on a timer to keep it "on" so you gotta keep clicking it to have your words translated.
(03-14-2022, 06:29 AM)kyle2143 Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 06:17 AM)AmazingDragons Wrote: Maybe translators could be used in-hand to translate? Meaning that it's still annoying to use, but that monkeys would, technically, be able to speak in a depressurized area.

Hmm, that might work. I kinda like that. Depending on how it is done. I'd be hesitant to make it too easy, like "as long as it's in your hand it translates". 

But maybe something using it in-hand opend the speech text box and if it gets knocked out of your hand whike typing you'll have to pick it up again
.. then again, that kinda would be hard to use with the say command.

Maybe the best way would be to use it in-hand and then it is just "on" until the next time you speak or whisper or something. Or instead based on a timer to keep it "on" so you gotta keep clicking it to have your words translated.

I'm going to start carrying around a plush toy. It provides that functionality.
Looks like this was a problem that solved itself.
Get ready for the plush toy meta everyone. Adorable, vicious, little monkeys armed with disgustingly cute plush toys to push their simian agenda!
(03-14-2022, 10:02 AM)DioChasek Wrote: Get ready for the plush toy meta everyone. Adorable, vicious, little monkeys armed with disgustingly cute plush toys to push their simian agenda!

Seems perfectly goon to me!
(03-14-2022, 07:24 AM)Love Wrote: I'm going to start carrying around a plush toy. It provides that functionality.

Monkey needs a hug.