Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Engineers have so little QOL, give Engi Space suits a suit storage for o2 etanks.
Like the title said, engineers have to carry the most tools out of any job, on top of having to carry materials for repair. They've gotten new tools, and they are good tools, but its even more to carry and one of them doesn't even fit in a backpack. Freeing up any space at all, even a single pocket would help, and it would help differentiate the engi suit, which really isn't that different from the EVA space suits, despite being "engineer".

I'd also prefer a speed buff for the engineers space suits as well, considering they're usually dragging stuff behind them to fix the station, and are already slow as hell with the suit on. I think having the option to just place an o2 tank into an engi suit and have it function as o2 with just the suit would be a nice QOL.
As an engineer I always just fill my emergency oxy tank with O2 and then just put it in my pocket, TBH. 
I do think engineers could spawn with a special belt that has 1 extra slot or something to carry some of the rarer tools they could lug around.
Sometimes, you just can't have every tool with you all the time. That isn't a problem, imo.

if 14 inventory slots isn't enough, try keeping some items in a handheld toolbox.
Or put stuff into the box you get in your backpack at round start. There are plenty of small tools you can fit in there.
you can also grab the clothing box from your engineering locker to hold space helmet/magboots/earmuffs/etc. with two boxes and holding materials in a toolbox/vacuum, I think you can be more-or-less fully loaded out for any kind repair.
(03-09-2022, 09:56 AM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: Sometimes, you just can't have every tool with you all the time. That isn't a problem, imo.

if 14 inventory slots isn't enough, try keeping some items in a handheld toolbox.

Only 14 slots? Someone isn't playing inventory tetris with boxes.