Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New AI Mods: Accents
It's kind of difficult when people put in laws to make you speak a certain way, wouldn't it be really convenient if you could give them the actual accents so they don't have to carefully write everything down? The chaos it would cause sounds incredible. Scottish AIs detected ahhHHHH.
As someone who's been given a few "Speak like X" laws, this would be so much better. It sucks to get a law like that and for me to be sitting there thinking "How the hell do I speak like that!?", meaning it's a let down both for me, and for the person who put that law in place.
So basicly the accent "Mutations" but for borgs and AI?
Sure why not!
the fun of being given speech laws is to actually try typing like that. or not really try at all.
A lot of us silicon players ignore speech laws because it's a massive hassle that gets in the way of our round and we won't get in trouble for it. With silicons having access to speech mutations, everyone wins; silicons are unobstructed and people get the funny accents they want to hear. It's only fun to type accents out the first time or two it happens and then it loses it's charm very quickly.
I play an rp character with an accent, if you dont want to dedicate to a law I dont know what to tell you
Dedicate to only writing a scottish accent or only scream, "AHHHH" and lemme know how that goes.

EDIT: This seems a little petty, sorry about this response, Cal. I think silicon accent mods is a bad idea in hindsight and the way things works now probably works best.
A better way to do it would be similar to how traits for accents are done already, let the AI pick them if they need/want one and can't do the accent themselves
(03-08-2022, 06:49 PM)Kamikaze Mongoose Wrote: Dedicate to only writing a scottish accent or only scream, "AHHHH" and lemme know how that goes.

In retrospect I didn't really think about how much worse AIs have it than players that self-impose accents.

(03-08-2022, 06:49 PM)Kamikaze Mongoose Wrote: This seems a little petty, sorry about this response, Cal.

It's cool, don't worry about it.

(03-08-2022, 06:49 PM)Kamikaze Mongoose Wrote: I think silicon accent mods is a bad idea in hindsight and the way things works now probably works best.

I'm not opposed to the idea, but it seems constraining wheras currently you can freeform put as much or as little effort into them as you want. Just my pov.
Definitely agree that constraining things on the law side is the wrong way to do it, it'd be too limiting and would potentially spoil the experience for people who *can* handle doing accents in text by themselves.
It's simple really.
Freeform law: "Talk like a cowboy" This is by own interpertation. So if you don't know how you can just say "ERROR DATA ON COWBOY TALK NOT FOUND, COMMENCING ORIGINAL SPEECH"

But it would be funny/interresting/not imposing to give a speech mutation law. Where it adds the speech perimetres of the speech mutations to Silicons and AI's.

Especially funny during Ion Storms. As now it has to be purged cause the AI is talking in reverse insted of some laws that litterly make the AI go: "THE STATION IS DESTROYED! START SPAMMING SHUTTLE AND SHUTTING OFF ALL DECKS!"

Having all the borgs and AI malfunction by a "law" that is litterly a mutation wouldn't be a bad thing.
as long as the owo accent board actually just nonhumans the uploader i'm for it
I really do not think that accent boards should be customizable at all if they are going to be added. Someone else constraining your speech is a mixed bag, and it should only really be possible in certain use-cases. Also "uwu"-speak and similar make some AI players uncomfortable.
If there is an uwu board made hide that thing deep in a new dangerous prefab or azone. That way I can at least respect the effort you went through to mess with the ai as opposed to “oh this board is in computer room let’s install in upload to mess with silicons because that funni haha”.
(03-13-2022, 10:19 AM)DioChasek Wrote: If there is an uwu board made hide that thing deep in a new dangerous prefab or azone. That way I can at least respect the effort you went through to mess with the ai as opposed to “oh this board is in computer room let’s install in upload to mess with silicons because that funni haha”.

Or hide accent sabotaging behind some programming for DWAINE consoles. Where you have to make the code in DWAINE, then make it using items to "print" an accent board. Suddenly making an "UWU" one would take time over several departments and knowledge so no one man can do it.

Something like that is just as good as putting it in an Azone.